Micromat received the Apple Development Machine back in June 2020 to begin work on transitioning all of our software to ultimately run natively on Apple Silicon Macs. While we have made much progress, a great deal of what Techtool Pro and our other products do is tied directly to the hardware of each Mac, so there will be more work needed before an Apple Silicon version of Techtool Pro will be released.
Techtool Pro 13.0.2 Runs under Rosetta 2 on Apple Silicon Macs. Native support coming in a future version.
Here are the known issues when running Techtool Pro 13.0.2 with an Apple Silicon Mac:
- The Video Memory test will fail to load. As a consequence, the user will have to create a custom Check Computer configuration and not include the Video Memory test as a part of the suite.
- The Sensors Test will not load on the Mac mini (M1, 2020).
- eDrive will not list in the Tools category.
- TechTool Protogo will not list in the Tools category.
- The Volume Cloning tool will not make a bootable version of the Apple Silicon Mac startup volume nor will it make a backup of the startup volume to a disc image. Additional items will be added as needed.