File Size 56.7 MB
Release Date: 3/16/2010
How to apply this update: To perform this version update, launch an installed copy of the TechTool Pro 5 application and select the Check For Update… option located under the TechTool Pro 5 menu. To update an existing eDrive, boot to the eDrive and perform the Check For Update… option to update to this version of TechTool Pro 5.
- Added 64-bit support to the TechTool Protection system preference.
- Major improvements and fixes to the File Structures test.
- Fixed issues with TechTool Protection on non-administrator user accounts.
- Additional support for SSD (solid state drives) in SMART Check test.
- Fixed Cache size for Intel i5 and i7 processors.
- Fixed SMART Check reporting issue.
- Addressed support for SD cards in Tests category.
- Fixed low memory issue with Volume Rebuild tool and eDrive creation.
- Updated dynamic volume mount/unmount for Surface Scan and File Structures tests.
- Addressed FileVault when creating an eDrive volume.
- Updated and fixed localization issues for French, Italian, German, Japanese and Chinese (Simplified).
- Included additional machine identification models to Check Computer.
For complete change list, see the ReadMe file.