Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6?

Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 17 May 2011 20:32 #576

Please give me some advice in my situation.:(

My "Protogo Annual Update", which contains TTP5, is valid from July 20th of 2010 for 1 year.
But I have no information from Micromat
1) whether downloading of new TTP6 could be OK for the users of valid annual update service
2) whether Protogo is still in support line or not.

If there is no way for further support for Protogo, I would like to switch from Protogo to just TTP6.

I have been a user of TTP for a long time (from version 1, I suppose), and from December of 2006 I started to "Protege Annual Update" and moved to "Protogo Annual Update" from July 20th of last year.

On March 23rd of 2011, I found the information of TTP6 release in the homepage of Micromat, then I sent a query mail to Micromat in the same context above but there is no reply from Micromat over 1month.
Again I send the next query mail to Micromat on May 12th of 2011, but I have no reply until now.

I believe that I have a right to have user support for 1-year between July 20th of 2010 and July 19th of 2011 as my Protogo Annual Update program, but there seems to be no support after March of 2011, which means 4months of 12months.
I have to say that I might doubt the user support quality of Micromat.

At this moment, there is just the information related to TTP6 in the homepage of Micromat.
There is no information of other (former) products nor support information for those products.
What happens?

I myself really love the products of Micromat, such as TTP, DiskStudio, Protege and Protogo, all of which are of good quality and easy to use and reliable, then have been a user for long time.

Does anyone stay in similar situation?

Before closing my query, let me apologize my poor English.

Koji, from Japan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 17 May 2011 22:12 #578

Protogo is still supported. We plan to work on a revision as soon as Apple updates the developer's kit for making bootable DVDs.

Please contact the sales department at (800) 829-6227 when the company opens at 9 A.M. PDT, or send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . I do not know what address you used before. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 17 May 2011 23:44 #580

Hi,
Was the current version of ProToGo built with the most recently released version of Apple's developer kit?
Robert

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 18 May 2011 00:12 #581

TechTool Protogo 2.0.4 has Mac OS X 10.5.8 Build 9L35. The Basic profile uses system software from your hard drive, so that profile does not depend on an update to the developer's kit. The Universal profile needs revision, and that depends on Apple.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 18 May 2011 08:59 #582

Dear Mz / Mr Moderator

Thank you for your quick reply.
My former two query mails were sent to Micromat Sales < This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. > from my @me.com account.
I wonder whether my 3rd query mail will be replied.

Sincerely yours,

Koji, from Japan

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 18 May 2011 09:23 #583

You are welcome.

There are sometimes problems with email from our customers outside North American being mistakenly filtered by spam filters. In the cases that have been brought to my attention, these problems have been with customers in Eastern Europe.

Please let me know if you do not receive a reply in a day or so from our sales department. You can post your message here, and instead of posting it in the forum, I can copy it and send it to our sales department. I am sorry for the delay you have experienced.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: hakohugu

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 18 May 2011 09:38 #584

Dear Mz / Mr Moderator

Thank you for your quick and kind reply.
I just wonder whether upgrade/support issue could be posted here because this forum is just for technical support, not for sales support.

Actually, the authorized reseller exists in Japan but they do not offer annual update service or quick release of new version ever, then I always order through the online store in your site.

Thanks again for your kind help.

Sincerely yours,

Koji, from Japan

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 18 May 2011 10:02 #585

You are welcome, and thanks for your kind comment.

The forums are mainly for technical support, but if there is a problem with communicating with the sales department, I am always happy to pass a message along.

I do not know too much about Japanese culture myself, but I always bring to people's attention this Website:

2000 Cranes

TS485_1.jpg
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 24 May 2011 20:23 #608

Dear moderator

Hummm...
Unfortunately, there is no message from Micromat sales department until 22:00 on May 24th in Japan.
I just wait after the morning after the week end as a buffer time.
Then, what should I do in the next step?

-Komi-

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 24 May 2011 20:53 #609

I am sorry to see that you have still not received a reply.

I have forwarded your posting to a specific person in the sales department, and am awaiting a reply to my question of whether they have received your email message.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 24 May 2011 21:54 #610

Dear Mz/Mr Moderator
Thank you for your quick reply.
l hope to have an information from yoar saIes department peopIe.
Any way, thank you for your kind heIp.

-koji-

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 25 May 2011 06:35 #615

You are welcome.

The sales department will be sending email to you at the address you used to register for these forums. They had not received any of the messages you sent.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 25 May 2011 06:41 by micromattech3.

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 31 May 2011 22:19 #646

Dear Mz/Mr Moderator

I still have no mail from your sales department.
What should I do?
My annual service WILL END one month later.

-koji- (.. #)

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 31 May 2011 23:43 #647

It appears that you are not receiving our email, either. The sale department sent you a message on Tuesday, May 24 to your .mac account. Please try another email account, such as gmail. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 31 May 2011 23:48 by micromattech3.

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 31 May 2011 23:54 #648

Please be assured that you will be sent the new DVD when it is released.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 09 Jun 2011 16:53 #700

Dear Mz / Mr Modelator

I have no mail from your sales department yet.
According to your comment, I send similar mails from my office and my gmail account on June 1st.
I have tried mails from 3 different account on different domains including the first mail.
Are there any problems?

At this moment, I would like to know followings;
1) are there any offer for valid annual update user of Protogo (with TTP5)
to download the latest release of TTP6?
(at this moment, I have no such e-mail yet)
2) if such offer is not done yet, is it possible for valid annyual update user of Protogo (with TTP5)
to download the latest release of TTP6?
3) when is the new DVD release expected-date?

It would be preferable to have the answers here, not directly send them to my e-mail address,
because the mail from your sales department might not be delivered by mail-system problems,
which I do not know what kind.

Thank you for your help in advance

Best regards,

Koji

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 09 Jun 2011 17:25 #701

I will forward your posting to the sales department.

All I can tell you at the moment is that you do not need to be concerned about the expiration date of your Annual Update. You are entitled to the new disc when it becomes available. I do not have a release date for it, There is no way for you to download TechTool Pro 6 using your Annual Update.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 10 Jun 2011 04:48 #708

Koji,

The sales department just sent a message to both your mac.com and me.com accounts. Please let me know when you have replied, so we can know that we should be receiving a message from you. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 14 Jul 2011 07:19 #844

Dear the moderator

Few days ago, the e-mail "TechTool Pro 6 - Tips and Tricks" is delivered from Micromat Exclusives to my me.com address, which is the announcement for the updater of TTP6.

But I have not received any mails for the download of TTP6 itself from your sales department yet to my me.com address, mac.com address nor my office address.

As I have mentioned in my several mails before, my annual update program will end very soon.
After the announcement of TTP6 release in March,
1) I have no announcement for download of new TTP6,
2) I have no announcement for load map of Protogo annual update,
3) I have no announcement for switching to TTP6 annual update program,
4) I have no announcement for any issues related to Protogo itself or Protogo annual update,
from your sales department.

The advertise mail, such as the e-mail titled as "TechTool Pro 6 - Tips and Tricks", is delivered, then the spam filter or similar program seem not to block the mails from your sales department.
But I have still nothing from your sales department.

What is my option in this situation?

Koji, depressed

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 14 Jul 2011 08:22 #845

Koli,

The email you received was not sent from This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , but from an address the sales department uses to send email to a mailing list.

I asked you to use another email account to contact the sales department. I do not know whether you did that or not. I will forward your message to them. I have tried to assure you not to worry about the expiration date.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 14 Jul 2011 08:44 by micromattech3.

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 15 Jul 2011 04:53 #848

The sales department sent you another message today.

You should consider having more than just a .me and a .mac account. Please see this MacInTouch thread about filtering of mail:

www.macintouch.com/readerreports/mobileme/topic4793-003.html
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 15 Jul 2011 09:08 #849

Dear the moderator

I appreciate the response from you and your sales department person.
Yesterday, I received the mail related to this matter.

E-mail account of @me.com or @mac.com has some trouble for deliver, I understand now.
But also my account at office, completely different from Apple's system, also has not get any e-mail from your sales department.
Then, I just wonder other related mails also not delivered.

Anyway, thanks again for your help with patience.

I am going to ask sales department to switch Protogo Annual Update to TTP Annual Update.

Best regards,

Koji

Re: Does Protogo Annual Update (with TTP5) provide downloading of TTP6? 15 Jul 2011 10:02 #850

You are welcome, and thanks for letting us know that you received the message from the sales department.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.427 seconds