Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: TT12 Protogo disk not booting correctly

TT12 Protogo disk not booting correctly 04 Jan 2020 16:27 #11728

I just upgraded to TechTool Pro 12. Running on a MacBook Pro 2.9 (late 2012 model; running Catalina 10.15.2; with 768GB SSD internal drive.; and Thunderbolt and USB ports)

Created Protogo startup drive on an external drive. Protogo Disk is IDE 350GB, Firewire connection via Firewire to Thunderbolt cable adapter.

Disk is created, and is readable. But when I shut down, then startup with the OPTION key down:
1) Screen show the startup disk options, and I select the Protogo volume for startup.
2) The apple symbol appears and a progress bar animates progress.
3) The screen changes to show the international symbol for “NO” (circle with a diagonal line through it).

I then tried to boot via the Protogo disk on an iMac 2.9 (late 2012 model; running Sierra with internal hard drive; and the Protogo disk connected via the thunderbolt port as with the MacBook). Result is the same.

Do you have any advice?
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TT12 Protogo disk not booting correctly 04 Jan 2020 16:32 #11729

Thanks for your clear and detailed report. There have been a few other reports of Protogo devices created with TechTool Pro 12 running under Catalina that did not work.

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply by email onMonday, and may be asked to send in some additional information, such as an Apple System Information report. We will have to investigate whether the Protogo device is missing some essential files, or whether the commands used to make the copied files into a bootable volume that can be recognized as such by the operating system failed in some respect.

Thanks for your cooperation and your patience. You may be asked to test a beta build of the program intended to address the problem you have reported.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.367 seconds