Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: USB Protogo boot drive will not boot.

USB Protogo boot drive will not boot. 18 Nov 2017 21:22 #8845

MacBook Pro
OS X 10.13

Protogo drive shows up in Startip Manager but cannot boot. Screen displays circle w/slash.
Tested on machine on which it was made and two others with same non-result.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

USB Protogo boot drive will not boot. 18 Nov 2017 21:38 #8846

The forums are moderated. New postings do not appear until they are approved by a moderator.

TechTool Pro 9.5.3 and the version of Protogo that comes with it are not compatible with macOS 10.13 High Sierra. Even if they were, a Protogo device made from an earlier model is not likely to be able to boot a later model, because the system software on the earlier model will not have the proper video driver for the later model.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 18 Nov 2017 22:41 by micromattech3.

USB Protogo boot drive will not boot. 18 Nov 2017 22:22 #8847

Guess I wasted my upgrade money, then. You really shouldn’t pitch obsolete “updates”.

Any ETA on a compatible version?

USB Protogo boot drive will not boot. 18 Nov 2017 22:40 #8848

TechTool Pro 9.5 has features not found in earlier versions. You did not waste your upgrade money.

There is no estimate for when a version of TechTool Pro compatible with High Sierra and APFS will be available. There are no programs in any way comparable to TechTool Pro that are available in such a version.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

USB Protogo boot drive will not boot. 12 Dec 2017 10:25 #8964

I agree with the OP on the waste of money. I purchased TTPro 9.5 to keep up to date, and was hugely disappointed to find that it was not compatible with the latest OS available at the time. Now you want ANOTHER paid update, less than 4 months after the last one.

Very poor way to treat your installed customer base.

No doubt all the suits voted Trump in your office

USB Protogo boot drive will not boot. 12 Dec 2017 11:00 #8965

Britnell,

This topic has been extensively treated here. At no point did the product description for TechTool Pro 9.5.3 ever claim that it was compatible with High Sierra. It is your responsibility to read product descriptions before you buy things.

These forums are for technical support, and are not a platform for your comments about politics.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 12 Dec 2017 11:01 by micromattech3.
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds