Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Building A ProToGo Disk in TechTool Pro 9.5.1

Building A ProToGo Disk in TechTool Pro 9.5.1 14 Jun 2017 00:59 #8368

I am attempting to build a ProToGo disk (8.27 Gb with 7 applications) on aSanDisk 32 Gb brand new flash drive. I selected the drive and it proceeded through the partitioning phase into installing the System software. It has been at this over an hour and the progress meter has moved none. I let ProToGo do everything from formatting the flash drive on. Is there any way to determine if the process is proceeding or if it has hung? The app doesn't show that it crashed on my MacBook Pro.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Building A ProToGo Disk in TechTool Pro 9.5.1 14 Jun 2017 23:50 #8376

Some flash drives that meet the USB 2 specifications are ten times faster than others. It is fairly common for it to take a few hours to build a ProToGo device, and some people have reported success after quite a few hours (one rare case of around 24 hours ended in success, it I recall correctly). Please let the process continue. It can appear that it is "going around in circles" at the point where the system software files are copied, but that is because many thousands of small files are being copied.

If the process fails to complete, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email, and may be asked to send in some additional information, such as an Apple System Information report, or some log files. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds