Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Protogo Disk Imaging Failure Renders USB Flash Drive Unwritable

Protogo Disk Imaging Failure Renders USB Flash Drive Unwritable 17 Dec 2016 00:53 #7938

Hi,

What ever I do I simply cannot get Protogo to successfully complete disk imaging (Dual partition macOS Sierra Basic and Mac OS X Recovery HD). I have now tested again after formatting my HD and reinstalling macOS Sierra and... It still doesn't work!

Now my (almost new) 30GB Kingston DataTraveler USB 3.0 is unwritable stuck in "Read Only" mode. Unable to format or erase the disk or partitions on Mac, Windows or Ubuntu. Also unable to low level format using Kingston Recovery Tool under Windows. This happened to me previously after another Protogo failure and somehow I managed to get it out of "Read Only" mode following this guide: www.macissues.com/2014/04/05/how-to-fix-...ms-with-os-x-drives/ however not this time! :(

I have read at least one Support Request on this Forum when a failure of Protogo Disk Imaging has "seemingly" rendered a USB Flash Drive unwritable. Coincidence? How could a failure of Protogo to complete the disk imaging fully render a USB Flash Drive unwritable?

I'm seriously starting to wonder if Protogo is more trouble then its worth... for Myself and Micromat!

Any feedback would be most appreciated, thanks in a advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Protogo Disk Imaging Failure Renders USB Flash Drive Unwritable 17 Dec 2016 01:30 #7939

I am sorry to see that you have had such trouble with Protogo.

The erasing of the drive and the formatting of it are done with system software tools provided by Apple. Whatever caused the USB memory stick to be stuck in "Read Only" mode is clearly a serious problem that could affect people using other programs that format drives using Apple's tools.

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email on Monday, and may be asked to send in some additional information. In the meantime, please do not delete any log files, as they may provide clues for what happened.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds