Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Can't find techtool once Protogo drive has booted the Mac

Can't find techtool once Protogo drive has booted the Mac 18 Oct 2015 14:01 #6726

HI there,

I've created a Protogo minimal Boot Drive on a USB stick.

It boots fine into what looks like the same as the Mac OS recovery boot, but I can't see any buttons or ways of launching Techtool?

Any ideas?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can't find techtool once Protogo drive has booted the Mac 18 Oct 2015 16:09 #6727

An application named Protogo Launcher should launch automatically at the end of the boot from the Protogo device. Make sure that you are not in fact booted from the Recovery HD volume. The Protogo device should be selected as the startup volume in either the Startup Manager that you invoke by holding down the Option key at the start of the boot, or it should be chosen in the Startup Disk pane of System Preferences before you reboot.

The Protogo Launcher has buttons for these applications:

TechTool Pro
Console
Disk Utility
System Information
Terminal

While booted from the Minimal Profile on the Protogo device, it is not possible to make screen captures. Do not launch Protogo Launhcer while booted from another device, because it causes an automatic restart from the Protogo device.

If you are certain that the boot took place from the Protogo device, try repairing permissions, reinstalling the Protogo application on your usual boot volume, and creating a new Protogo device. If that does not work, please send a message, including a link to this thread, to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply by email on Monday. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Can't find techtool once Protogo drive has booted the Mac 18 Oct 2015 16:29 #6728

The screen capture below shows the contents of the Protogo device with the Minimal profile. Before making the Protogo device, I replaced TechTool Pro 7 with TechTool Pro 8 in the Protogo Applications folder of the TechTool Protogo folder that was installed into the Applications folder on my usual startup volume.
Attachments:
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 18 Oct 2015 16:29 by micromattech3.
Time to create page: 0.379 seconds