Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Including finder in minimal profile

Including finder in minimal profile 06 Oct 2015 13:03 #6692

Can I include finder in the minimal profile? If not can I include similar software (please recommend any) for browsing and copying files to another pendrive?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Including finder in minimal profile 06 Oct 2015 13:39 #6697

I do not think that the Finder can be added to the Minimal profile, because if it would work with such a small subset of the system software, it would probably already be in the profile.

You can use the Volume Cloning tool (there are directions in the Help) in TechTool Pro to copy files from one volume to another. The tool does not have browsing. I do not know of any program likely to provide the features of the Finder that is likely to work when the Finder does not. You would be better off using a larger device for the Protogo device, along with the Basic profile.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Including finder in minimal profile 06 Oct 2015 13:46 #6698

I first tried the basic profile which was turned out to be 12 gb in size.

I booted it using that profile and it took very very long time to boot. Then it asked me to login which again took very long time so finally I restarted my macbook by pressing on the power button.

I don't want to login or anything like that. If I have finder kind of access to my file then I'm happy. Is there anyway to create basic profile without login and other features so that I can boot fast?

Including finder in minimal profile 06 Oct 2015 21:21 #6701

If you allow the boot to be completed, you can use the System Preferences on the Protogo device to configure it to log in automatically. That aspect of the system software should have been copied to the Protogo device.

Despite meeting USB 2 specifications, some USB memory sticks are 10 times slower than others. One of my colleagues suggested getting a USB 3 memory stick, even if you have only USB 2 ports, because the USB 3 memory sticks have faster memory, in general.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds