Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Protogo 5.01 creates OS 10.9.5 drives, but they aren't recognized at boot

Protogo 5.01 creates OS 10.9.5 drives, but they aren't recognized at boot 16 Apr 2015 13:12 #6342

I've just upgraded to TT8 with PTG5 included. Running on Mac Mini using OS 10.9.5. So far, I can create drives and modify profiles, but none of the created drives are recognized at boot time when holding the option key on the same Mac the drives were created on. I have created drives in my normal user login, and a new clean login. I've even tried creating a drive from root login, but that always fails before partitioning the new drive. See the attached png file for the error msg. Any suggestions on how to proceed?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Protogo 5.01 creates OS 10.9.5 drives, but they aren't recognized at boot 16 Apr 2015 13:39 #6343

Your screen capture did not come through.

Since the failure took place early in the process, please check the destination drive with the Surface Scan test.

In some cases, it is necessary to have one successful boot from a bootable volume before it is recognized by the Startup Manager that you invoke by holding down the Option key at the start of the boot. See if selecting the Protogo volume in the Startup Disk pane of System Preferences allows you to boot from it.

If the Startup Disk pane suggestion does not work, please repair permissions using Disk Utility, and reinstall TechTool Pro 8.0.1, to get a new installation of Protogo. If that does not work, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 16 Apr 2015 13:40 by micromattech3.

Protogo 5.01 creates OS 10.9.5 drives, but they aren't recognized at boot 16 Apr 2015 18:33 #6347

Since PTG appeared to be creating the drives just fine as long as I wasn't logged in as root, the one thing that made sense was your comment that a successful boot might be necessary before the Startup Manager would recognize it. That was what finally got it to work, although it took several reboots from the Startup Pane before it finally "caught". Thanks for your help.
www.micromat.com/components/com_kunena/t.../emoticons/smile.png

Protogo 5.01 creates OS 10.9.5 drives, but they aren't recognized at boot 16 Apr 2015 18:45 #6348

You are welcome, and thanks for the update.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds