Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Cannot build Protogo device OS X 10.10

Cannot build Protogo device OS X 10.10 31 Mar 2015 09:40 #6306

I am unable to build a Protogo USB device from my new iMac running OS X 10.10.2 and PTGv4.0.5

Clicking on the Build button gives the message to confirm the USB device but continue just returns to the main PTG screen.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cannot build Protogo device OS X 10.10 31 Mar 2015 10:39 #6307

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply by email, and may be asked to send in a log file and an Apple System Information report. Your cooperation is appreciated. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Cannot build Protogo device OS X 10.10 01 May 2015 14:10 #6389

I am also experiencing a similar issue with version 8 and Yosemite.
The USB disk does appear to be creating but it is unbelievably slow.

I have tried to create a disk with the Mac OS X Minimal Profile and started at 11:34ish GMT and its still going at 15:09 GMT

Cannot build Protogo device OS X 10.10 01 May 2015 15:10 #6390

Thank for your report.

It can take many hours to create a Protogo device on some USB memory sticks, because even though they meet the USB 2 standard, some memory sticks are dramatically slower than others.

If the process does not finish in 24 hours, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , as described above. You will receive a reply by email on Monday. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.375 seconds