Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Does TechTool need to be installed on the system you're trying to fix?

Does TechTool need to be installed on the system you're trying to fix? 03 Jan 2015 23:07 #6032

Stupid question, perhaps. But I bought this in hopes of fixing an MBP that did not yet have TTP installed on it. I booted from the USB drive I created and TTP appeared, but would not launch. The other apps there (Terminal, Disk Utility) did launch.

Any help appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Does TechTool need to be installed on the system you're trying to fix? 03 Jan 2015 23:18 #6033

TechTool Pro does not need to be installed on the volume you are attempting to repair. It runs on the active boot volume.

When you install TechTool Protogo, the folder for it that is created in your /Applications folder contains a folder named Protogo Applications. In Protogo Applications, there is another copy of the TechTool Pro application. Try replacing the copy of TechTool Pro on the Protogo device with the one in that folder.

If replacing TechTool Pro on the Protogo device does not work, you might try one of the other profiles in Protogo. If that does not work, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply by email on Monday, and may be asked to send in some log files. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds