Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Yosemite / Protogo Compatibility?

Yosemite / Protogo Compatibility? 20 Oct 2014 17:27 #5872

I just bought a new Macbook Pro (9,2-- not Retina, 4 gb RAM) and downloaded Protogo this morning. I'm trying to use Protogo (current version) to create a bootable drive using a Seagate Freeagent Go 500 GB with Firewire 800. It seems to be hanging up at Installing System Software. It got to that place very smoothly, but seems to have gone nowhere in a period of 3 hours. I'm not going to interfere with the process yet, but is this normal? I just upgraded this Macbook to the new OS. Is Protogo compatible with Yosemite? Suggestions?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Yosemite / Protogo Compatibility? 20 Oct 2014 19:24 #5873

Prootogo is not compatible with Yosemite. First, we have to release an update to TechTool Pro to make it compatible with Yosemite, which just happened today. Then we have to make a new version of Protogo, with an installation script that will produce a working bootable volume.

With Protogo, you got TechTool Pro 7.0.4. If you install it on your usual startup volume, you can use the Check for Update feature to update it to version 7.0.5. Then, you could create an eDrive on the Seagate drive.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 20 Oct 2014 20:24 by micromattech3.

Yosemite / Protogo Compatibility? 02 Nov 2014 18:09 #5906

When will the new Yosemite compatible Protogo be available? I currently have Protogo 4.0.4 and TechTool Pro 7.0.5. Attempting to create a 'Basic' bootable USB stick hangs at 'Installing System Files'.

Yosemite / Protogo Compatibility? 02 Nov 2014 18:23 #5907

I do not know just when the new update to Protogo will be available. We have to make sure that our customers are finding TechTool Pro 7.0.5 works well with Yosemite, and then update the script used to create the Protogo device, in the same way that the script used to create the eDrive had to be updated for Yosemite.

In the past, it has usually taken a few weeks to a month for Protogo to be updated and beta tested after TechTool Pro gets updated and is known to be working well for our customers.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.357 seconds