Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Deciding between TechTool Pro and Protogo

Deciding between TechTool Pro and Protogo 21 Jul 2014 14:20 #5615

I know I want to upgrade to TechTool Pro 7 and use eDrive to create an emergency startup partition.

If I upgrade to Protogo 4, can I use it just like TechTool Pro 7 and decide later whether I want to use Protogo to create an separate bootable flash drive?

-- Ward
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deciding between TechTool Pro and Protogo 21 Jul 2014 14:27 #5616

Yes, the version of TechTool Pro that comes with ProToGo works just the same way as the version you get if you buy TechTool Pro.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ward

Deciding between TechTool Pro and Protogo 20 Sep 2014 21:44 #5820

Does Protogo include all of the same utilities as the TechTool Pro?
Seems like Protogo includes all of TechTool Pro and the Portable application, is that correct.

Deciding between TechTool Pro and Protogo 20 Sep 2014 23:26 #5821

TechTool Protogo includes a complete copy of TechTool Pro, as well as the Protogo application, which creates a bootable device that has a minimal installation of system software and the TechTool Pro application.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Deciding between TechTool Pro and Protogo 23 Jan 2016 03:27 #7001

micromattech3 wrote:
TechTool Protégé includes a complete copy of TechTool Pro, as well as the Protogo application, which creates a bootable device that has a minimal installation of system software and the TechTool Pro application.

Though the version of TTP that comes with TT Protogo is Version 7. which I am curious as to why (not being critical, just trying to understand why it's not based on the latest version)

Deciding between TechTool Pro and Protogo 23 Jan 2016 03:43 #7002

Protogo is now included with TechTool Pro. If you buy TechTool Pro 8.0.3, you get the current version of Protogo, which is 5.0.4. Protogo is launched from within TechTool Pro 8.0.3. If you have an earlier, stand-alone version of Protogo, you should delete it if you install TechTool Pro 8.0.3.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 23 Jan 2016 03:44 by micromattech3.

Deciding between TechTool Pro and Protogo 26 Jan 2016 10:39 #7004

Hi there, Ward

Just think of TT Protogo as a customized version of a TTP eDrive.
With an eDrive built device, it is a default version, ie, TTP will build your eDrive device as a default bootable device, no other variation(s) of a default built of your eDrive device.
With TT Protogo built-in Profiles, you can choose from four (4) different build(s) of a bootable device.

If you want to customize a Profile, PLEASE be sure to make a copy of a default profile.
If the edited default profile is mistakenly deleted, you can NOT restore the missing default profile.
You would have to re-create the missing default profile.
I have informed Micromat about the default profiles and restoration of the default profiles.
An update to TTP 8.0.3 is in the works! :)

All of this applies to TTP 8.0.3, NOT to TTP 7.0.7, which does NOT include TT Protogo.
If your system, Ward, can support TTP 8.0.3, I would seriously consider it!
One upgrade price with two (2) product(s): TTP & TT Protogo.

Thank You for your time, James
Time to create page: 0.371 seconds