Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Trying to manage 10.9 machines and 10.7

Trying to manage 10.9 machines and 10.7 25 Jun 2014 16:57 #5559

I set up a USB protogo techtool from my mac pro 3,1 running 10.9. It works fine and was able to boot properly, on the original mac pro and another one running 10.9, but will not boot on 1,1 mac pros running 10.7.

On the 10.7 machines I hold down option and select the usb, but then it just boots to my normal login screen.

Is there something different I need to do in the boot process for 10.7, or does it just need a different bootable usb?

And if it does need its own bootable protogo, can I put two on one USB drive(I'm working with a 64bg thumb drive), maybe I can partition the drive?

When I set it up first that had me wipe the device to build the protogo, I rather not have use multiple devices if possible.

thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Trying to manage 10.9 machines and 10.7 25 Jun 2014 18:07 #5561

When the Protogo device is created, the entire drive is erased, and then a single Mac OS Extended (journaled) volume is created for the bootable volume, so Protogo cannot make two bootable Protogo volumes on a single device. If the device is large enough, you could try creating a Protogo device, partitioning it, and then cloning to the other volume a Protogo device created using another USB memory stick. Make sure to leave enough free space for the creation of virtual memory swapfiles.

It is possible that the system software on the Mac Pro 3.1 running OS X 10.9 does not have the video driver or some other software needed by the Mac Pro 1,1 running OS X 10.7. I do not see any choice but to try to build a Protogo device using the system software on the Mac Pro 1,1.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 25 Jun 2014 18:10 by micromattech3.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds