Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Is it OK to boot and work off an older version of OS X

Is it OK to boot and work off an older version of OS X 20 Sep 2012 23:44 #3009

Hi.

I am using PTG 3.0.2, and have one question.

I like the minimized profiles (such as the "Intel Profile") and prefer them over the "basic profile" because the basic profile seems to include stuff that aren't necessary for an emergency boot device. (For example, I use a facebook client software that launches upon login and that came up when I booted from a basic profile device. Don't ask me if I was using the complete profile (or whatever it's called) because my USB thumb can't store 500GB.)

The Mac that I would like to work on is OS X 10.8 (mountain lion) and is bootable with the Intel profile.
The boot device has TTP 6.0.5, so there's no compatibility issue with mountain lion and the Mac.
What worries me about the Intel Profile is that it's built around an old OS X 10.6.7.
Is it okay to run TTP off a boot device that has an older OS X version?

Best,
Young
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Is it OK to boot and work off an older version of OS X 21 Sep 2012 01:05 #3010

As long as the profile can boot the Macintosh, and the version of TechTool Pro copied to the device is compatible with the version of Mac OS X in the profile, there should not be any problem.

It is possible that Apple will not update its developer kit for making bootable DVDs, because they have stopped shipping new models with bootable DVDs. People with those models will have to use the Basic profile.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds