Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: ProToGo - Using with an SSD

ProToGo - Using with an SSD 16 Sep 2012 09:38 #2965

As a MicroMat 5 user running Snow Leopard the financial situation was such that when Lion was released I was forced to forgo the upgrade to MicroMat 6.

Now I am considering the purchase of a ProToGo licence to run with Mountain Lion there is the added consideration of running it with an SSD.

1. At present PTG does not support Mountain Lion, If this is purchased what will be the Upgrade implications when PTG catches up with MM 6.0.5?
I do not feel inclined to cough up $60 now and then be expected to cough up a further $40 when PTG is upgraded and, IMO where it should be already, level pegging with MM 6.0.5.

2. Are there any downsides running Mountain Lion on a SSD and maintaining it with, hopefully a soon to be, upgraded PTG?

Thanks for your time, best wishes, G.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ProToGo - Using with an SSD 16 Sep 2012 18:50 #2967

Please contact the sales department at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. about the upgrade.

The only aspect of TechTool Pro that should not be used with the SSD is the disk optimizer, because running the optimizer would work at cross purposes with the drive's efforts to spread writes evenly among the memory cells, which have a limited number of write cycles.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.340 seconds