Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Add Bluetooth to a profile

Add Bluetooth to a profile 25 Mar 2012 09:05 #2169

Is this possible? the intel profile seems to work I just wish i could use my magic mouse,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Add Bluetooth to a profile 25 Mar 2012 09:33 #2170

The system software in the Intel and PowerPC profiles comes from an Apple developer kit for making bootable DVDs. That system software is a subset of Mac OS X, and does not include all of the frameworks. I do not know if it is possible to add support for Bluetooth, but it is an interesting question, which I will forward to the beta administrator.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: Add Bluetooth to a profile 25 Mar 2012 23:57 #2173

Actually bluetooth is active in the intel profile. I just copied AppleHIDMouse.kext to the /System/Library/Extensions and now have my magic mouse working.

It would be great to add an extensions preference to the profiles in a future version

Re: Add Bluetooth to a profile 26 Mar 2012 00:04 #2174

Mark,

Thank you.

In addition to the technical issues, there is the issue of whether we (as opposed to you) are allowed to modify the system software in the developer's kit licensed from Apple. That kit is used to make bootable DVDs, and is used for the Intel and PowerPC profiles.

I have been looking through notes trying to find a case in which the Bluetooth mouse is not recognized when the Macintosh is booted from a bootable DVD. I recall that the solution was to hold down the spacebar at the start of the boot. It worked for me in some cases, but not others.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: Add Bluetooth to a profile 27 Mar 2012 01:52 #2189

The kext should already be in the Intel profile in Protogo 3.0.1 and 3.0.2:

Itwasalreadythere.png
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.372 seconds