Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Creating a Bootable DVD from disk image ptg_301_dvd.dmg

Creating a Bootable DVD from disk image ptg_301_dvd.dmg 01 Dec 2011 00:34 #1628

Hello, I'm having trouble making a bootable dvd from my disk image ptg_301_dvd.dmg that was available in the downloads area after my purchase. It looks like the file I really need is referred to as ttp60X_dvd.dmg...is this something I need to purchase as a download?

I was under the impression the first .dmg file I referred to was what I needed to make a bootable dvd but I could be wrong...

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance...
Jason
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Creating a Bootable DVD from disk image ptg_301_dvd.dmg 01 Dec 2011 01:38 #1629

You should be able to burn the dvd using the dmg file. You should be able to adapt the instructions for making the TechToo Pro bootable DVD.

TechTool Protogo is intended to create installations of Mac OS X and TechTool Pro on hard drives or USB memory sticks. You run the installer to install the program, then launch the program and use it to create the volume from which you boot and run TechTool Pro. It is not intended to create a bootable DVD from which TechTool Pro itself is run. It is preferable to run TechTool Pro from a hard drive volume or a USB memory stick, because when it is run from a locked volume, such as a bootable DVD, virtual memory cannot be used, and no log files are written.

Some aspects of installing and using Prototo are discussed (with screen captures) in Creating TechTool Protogo on a 16GB Memory Stick.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 01 Dec 2011 01:50 by micromattech3.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jleehofer
Time to create page: 0.334 seconds