Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Screen Freeze When Starting Up

Screen Freeze When Starting Up 06 Nov 2011 01:40 #1507

I tried to start up my iMac with my Protogo; after it started up, my computer screen froze, and I had to unplug the power cord. The flash drive was still plugged in and did start up in Protogo when I restarted my computer. I was able to complete the maintenance; and then, restarted my hard drive by pressing restart on the Protogo screen. Wondering why the screen froze when I chose restart from Protogo in the very beginning. The flash drive did work, and the Protogo screen did appear on my computer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Screen Freeze When Starting Up 06 Nov 2011 01:54 #1508

The only evidence of the problem would be in the system and console logs in the /Library/Logs folder on the Protogo device. The logs can be read most conveniently by booting from the Protogo device, then using the Console application, located in /Applications/Utilities. Some of the logs may not appear in the Finder.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: nancyb

Re: Screen Freeze When Starting Up 06 Nov 2011 01:57 #1509

Well, after I performed the maintenance and restarted from my hard disk, I decided to try to launch again from the Protogo flash drive. Of course, it worked (gremlins, again!). I guess my maintenance fixed whatever problems there were, so, until the next time...

Re: Screen Freeze When Starting Up 06 Nov 2011 03:30 #1510

Thanks for the update. It is better to have things work than to read possibly cryptic error messages about why they do not.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds