Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Current state of Protogo?

Current state of Protogo? 05 Sep 2011 08:12 #1186

I am currently using version 2.0.4 of TechTool Protogo.

Having received repeated email announcements concerning the availability of TechTool Pro 6, I decided to check out your website to see if Protogo has also been updated. Here is what I found:

When I click on the "Products" link at the top of the website, I find information for only one product: TTP6.

I had to use Google to find your Protogo page. There's a button on that page that will let me order an upgrade, but there's nothing on that page to tell me what the current version of Protogo is, or what version of TTP it includes. So after having gone out of my way to find the upgrade button, I'm still no more enlightened as to whether I should click it.

I had to look at the forums to discover information indicating that the version I'm using (2.0.4) may still be the latest version. Even so, that information is in a rather dated thread. It may be incorrect by now.

You really need to make it easier for your paying customers to find current information about the products they've purchased. Please understand that when customers have to spend their valuable time just trying to learn whether an update is available, they are likely to become less enthusiastic about your products.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Current state of Protogo? 05 Sep 2011 19:32 #1187

I have forwarded your posting to the sales department.

Because TechTool Protogo includes TechTool Pro, it was necessary to release a Lion-compatible version of TechTool Pro before work could begin on a new version of Protogo. Because the Universal Profile of Protogo requires an update from Apple of its developers kit for making bootable DVDs, there is an additional source of delay. I do not have an estimate of when a new version of Protogo will be released, but it will happen. 2.0.4 is the current version.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: Current state of Protogo? 06 Sep 2011 00:14 #1188

Thank you for the update. Your reasons for not having released a Protogo update are entirely understandable. What I cannot understand is why I had to ask and you had to answer. Couldn't our time be applied to more worthwhile endeavors?
micromattech3 wrote:
2.0.4 is the current version.

That sentence should appear on the Protogo product page, and it should be possible to find said page by clicking on the "Products" link. That is so easy to do, and it would spare your customers the frustration of being forced to ask. (Yes, the information is available here now, but even if customers do bother to look for it in the forums, this thread will become "out of date" in a week or so.)

Re: Current state of Protogo? 06 Sep 2011 01:43 #1189

You are welcome.

This Website is new, and it is probable that information about Protogo is not on it because a new version is not yet available. The sales department will see your suggestions, for which I thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.367 seconds