Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: TechTool Protection Alert - Free space

TechTool Protection Alert - Free space 18 Aug 2019 19:51 #11327

I copied some videos over to my Mac mini. Now, every 5 minutes or so I get the TechTool Protection Alert that my HD has only 14% free space remaining. It also says something about going to the preferences (there is no clickable link, however).

Well, I looked in the TechTool menu and there is no Preferences item there or in any of the other menus that I can find.

It will take time to free up space. How do I turn this annoying message off??
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TechTool Protection Alert - Free space 18 Aug 2019 20:34 #11328

You should have at least 15% free space on the active startup volume. In the case of a rotational hard drive, having less than 15% free space on an active startup volume makes it extremely likely that any virtual memory swapfiles created will be created in a fragmented state, that is, in more than one piece. Such a situation greatly degrades performance. This has been a rule of thumb since Unix-based operating systems were first developed.

The threshold for the Free Space alert and the on/off switch are not in the TechTool Pro application, but in the TechTool Protection system preferences pane. You should review the relevant section of the manual (in the Help in the TechTool Pro application) and configure the features in the preferences pane.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds