Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Internal system not showing in TechTool restart window, so I can't choose it.

Internal system not showing in TechTool restart window, so I can't choose it. 27 May 2018 23:12 #9706

I have a MacBook Pro late 2016. The screen was flickering sometimes, so I did a PRAM reset. When the mac retarted, it restarted using the TechTool eDrive. I want to restart it using the internal drive. But when I quit TechTool and get the Startup Disk window, only the eDrive is showing. How can I boot using my internal disk?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Internal system not showing in TechTool restart window, so I can't choose it. 28 May 2018 00:05 #9707

Resetting the PRAM or NVRAM causes the startup disk preference that appears in the Startup Disk pane of System Preferences to be lost. The eDrive has a Startup Disk system preferences pane. You should be able to choose the usual startup volume in it. If you cannot, restart, and immediately hold down the Option key to invoke the Startup Manager.

If that does not work, try attaching a drive with another bootable volume, let it spin up, and see if the Startup Manger allows you to boot from it. If that does not work, it may be that the system software is regarded as not properly installed. In that case, boot from the Recovery HD volume and reinstall the system software.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 28 May 2018 00:18 by micromattech3.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.373 seconds