Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: TechTool Pro 9.6.2 and NewerTech battery

TechTool Pro 9.6.2 and NewerTech battery 23 Apr 2018 18:02 #9601

So, I installed a new NewerTech battery into my 13-inch MacBook Pro unibody and, just for the sake of argument, ran the TechTool battery test. The Battery Check Results show Passed with a condition of Normal BUT, under failures, it lists Cell Imbalance, Discharge FET, Safety Over-Voltage, Externally Indicated Failure.

I thought that was kind of odd (the internal Apple indicators are that the battery is fine also) so I tested another identical computer with a slightly older NewerTech battery and it shows exactly the same results.

So, what's up with that?

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TechTool Pro 9.6.2 and NewerTech battery 23 Apr 2018 18:37 #9602

I do not know whether there are problems with interpreting the results of the battery tests on third-party batteries. Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. In your message, please give the part number for the NewerTech battery, in case that is helpful. Thank you.

I suggest you change your screen name to something other than an email address. These forums are indexed by Google, and you might get a lot of spam. Use the My Account link at the top of the page, and then the Account Information link. Changing your screen name retroactively updates the screen name that appears in all of your postings.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: bill_the_cat

TechTool Pro 9.6.2 and NewerTech battery 23 Apr 2018 18:53 #9603

Thanks ... I guess I didn't realize that my log in name (email address) would be my posting name ... but I appreciate your pointing that out so quickly. I have sent off the email. Thanks again.

TechTool Pro 9.6.2 and NewerTech battery 23 Apr 2018 19:16 #9606

You are welcome, and thanks for your cooperation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TechTool Pro 9.6.2 and NewerTech battery 07 Jun 2018 21:53 #9714

I am getting the same failures, although listed in slightly different order fwiw.
Attachments:

TechTool Pro 9.6.2 and NewerTech battery 07 Jun 2018 22:12 #9715

Thanks for your report.

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , as described in posting #9602 above. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds