Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: TTP 9.6 and Hackintosh...

TTP 9.6 and Hackintosh... 07 Feb 2018 21:19 #9374

I have created, (two years ago), a Hackintosh with MutliBeast Settings set to MAC Pro 3,1 - 2008 Series. I'm on El Capitan, 10.11.4. All is running well.

I just bought TTP 9.6, and wanted to know what "will" and "will not" work in TTP on my Hackintosh. Sales didn't have much info on Hackintosh; but, said that I could run the Tests without issue. If I ever need to "fix" something, can I have TTP make those fixes without issue to my EFI Partition with the Clover Boot Loader. My Clover Boot Loader is Ver. 3320.

System Specs:

16GB DDR2, (Non-ECC), 800MHz, Dual Channel RAM
Processor "Thinks" it's a Quad Core Xeon at 3GHz, Actual Processor is Intel QX9650 Quad Core Extreme at 3GHz
One Western Digital Black 1TB SATA Drive for MAC OS X El Capitan
One Western Digital Black 1TB SATA Drive for Win 7 Pro, SP-1, x64
One Western Digital 1TB Laptop Drive in External USB Case - MAC OS Time Machine
Two EVGA GTX-750TI SC Cards with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM Each Card, NO SLI
ASUS VE228 HDMI 22" LCD Wide Screen Monitor - 1920x1080p at 60Hz with 32-Bit Color Depth

I will be adding, (in the next week, or so), another Western Digital Black 1TB SATA Drive for Ubuntu GNOME 16.04. I also will be Upgrading the OS to El Capitan 10.11.6 and then install the 10.11.6 Security Update Package from Apple.

Application Software:

Paragon NTFS for MAC - To Write to NTFS Partitions
Paragon ExtFS for MAC - To Write and Read Linux Partitions
ESET CyberSecurity for MAC - AntiVirus Program

System running smoothly, for now, I used to own a PowerComputing PowerWave 604/132, (Apple 9500 Clone), and had TechTool Pro 5 on that. TTP is a GOD SEND!!! It saved my PowerWave 604/132 after Pacific Gas and Electric SPIKED my system while behind an APC SurgeArrest 7 power strip. Hard Drive became scrambled, and would NOT boot. Used TTP 5 and it FULLY recovered my drive and restored Boot Access. :-)

I would LOVE to FULLY make use of TTP 9.6 on my Hackintosh. (If possible.) If any Micromat Tech has experience or knowledge in this area, I'd appreciate a response. If any other Hackintosh User is on this Forum, I'd appreciate a response from them, too. This is a Gray area, and I'd hate to run a tool in TTP and have Clover become unbootable.

Thanks in advance.

TL
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TTP 9.6 and Hackintosh... 07 Feb 2018 21:35 #9375

I do not see how anyone could give you a definitive answer to the question without testing the software on your Hackintosh or one that has the same configuration, including firmware versions. If anyone does have experience running the program on such a Hackintosh, please post.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TTP 9.6 and Hackintosh... 09 Feb 2018 01:52 #9376

[Update:]

I chose to invest in the new TTP 9.6 in hopes of better maintaining this Hackintosh system. Just got through with a SCARY event over the last few weeks. Three weeks ago, my system started acting up. A MAC friend told me it sounded like it was my memory. I invested in A-Tech RAM for my Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P MOBO. That didn't help, any; the problems got worse. The system started crashing badly in the middle of program operations. (BOINC Number Crunching: SETI@Home, and Einstein@Home, and in StarCraft:Remastered.)

Through intense system checking at my local computer source, I had the system stress tested, had the BIOS Battery changed, and the CoolerMaster Hyper212 EVO re-cemented to the processor with Arctic Silver 5. After all this was done, they performed a hard drive diagnostic. This revealed 415 bad sectors, and 80 delayed sectors on the hard drive.

The hard drive still had plenty of warranty time left on it, (good through 2021), so I had the computer repair place clone the drive to a new WD Black 1TB SATA drive, and I RMA'd the defective drive to WD. Just got word that Western Digital is returning to me a new 2TB WD Black SATA drive! :-) I will use TTP 9.6 to re-clone the Hackintosh drive to the 2TB unit. Then, I will play around with all of TTP 9.6 Tools on the existing 1TB drive. If all goes well, I will then move the 2TB clone into the Primary Hot Swap Bay slot in my system and re-purpose the 1TB drive for Ubuntu GNOME 16.04 LTS and make the system a triple boot system.

I will report back what I find out using TTP 9.6 after cloning the existing drive to the 2TB unit. I hope all goes well.

TL

[EDIT:]

Corrected typo.
Last Edit: 11 Feb 2018 18:57 by TimeLord04. Reason: Correcting typo in "After all this was done, the(y)..."

TTP 9.6 and Hackintosh... 09 Feb 2018 02:17 #9377

You did a very thorough investigation of the problem, and it is good to see that Western Digital is standing behind the drive, and not insisting on running their own tests to confirm the bad sectors.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TTP 9.6 and Hackintosh... 11 Feb 2018 19:12 #9387

For future reference, if you correct a typo, please add a message to the thread, so I can find the corrected posting.. Correcting the typo requires the original message to be approved again, but it does not show up in the list of unapproved messages (apparently, an oversight in the forums software). For some reason, I guessed that your thread was the one in which a message had been edited. Thank you.

I happen to have a "thing" about typos myself. I have found that editors really appreciate being informed about typos. I recently found one in the closed captions for a TV show, wrote to the narrator, and actually got it fixed.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: TimeLord04

TTP 9.6 and Hackintosh... 12 Feb 2018 17:29 #9391

No more Apple Products for me ... my next is a PC/Samsung that is tethered to the computer for internet updates.

Apple can only sell Jewelry and Trendy Colors while also ... they admit ... trying to destroy the older versions of the iMac and the iPhone through software crap that is not a bug.

With that said ... I got TTP 9.6.1. and it works for almost all of it's functions except ONE .. that is to optimize the data in the files which I have to do often or the Macintosh just quits working.

Here is a video .. that shows the problem in action.

My work around is to start up on an external hard drive and use the OLDER version of TTP on the New OS .. that the developers tell me NOT TO DO .. but it works apparently and I get service out of the new updates (in as much as web sites and other places do not support the older versions of the Mac OS).

The New TTP will work on the External Hard drive but to a limit ... while never working on the startup hard drive is booted on.

The Developers tell me that have replicated the problem in their lab .. but that was months ago .. still nothing has come of it.

sumbuddie wear blind sea

youtu.be/Ij-yhV4sgQM

It is about fixing Macintosh Virus for free .. however it runs through TTP, Carbon Copy Cloner and Dr. Cleaner Pro which I purchase.

TTP 9.6 and Hackintosh... 12 Feb 2018 18:01 #9392

Interesting, but I find that I get into enough trouble with things that developers tell me will work!
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TTP 9.6 and Hackintosh... 13 Feb 2018 05:20 #9394

@Alan Mac Farlane:

That's the WHOLE POINT of Hackintosh... You take a generic Intel PC system, (MUST BE INTEL), and through "research" turn the PC into a MAC using "tools". I won't go into the details; but, suffice that the process works.

I DID have to purchase MAC OS X Snow Leopard, 10.6.3 Retail Version. Got that Upgraded to 10.6.8, first, and then up to El Capitan, 10.11.4.

I will soon be Upgrading to 10.11.6 in order to obtain the MAC OS X, 10.11.6 Security Update to fix the Kernel issue on Intel Processors.

Other than that, I've had NO issues running MAC OS; up to the point that the hard drive started to fail. That's a hardware issue, though, NOT a MAC OS specific issue.

I'm sorry that you have had issues with MAC OS; but, for MOST - MAC OS is a LIFE SAVER, compared to MS Windows! I'm a PC Tech, by trade, and have worked with Windows since 1994 on personal machines, and since 2005 on a professional level. In switching to MAC; I have NOT even booted my Dual Boot system back to Win 7 Pro, SP-1, x64. That was March of 2016, when I got my Hackintosh running.

If you are Tech Savvy, and have the courage and patience to try, I recommend going Hackintosh. You can get a LESS EXPENSIVE hardware set than paying Apple for the "Candy", (as you say), and as long as the hardware meets Apple Specs, (like GPUs, and Intel CPUs), you are good to go. My system has the "Hardware Capabilities" of a 2008/2009 MAC Pro Tower System, WITHOUT paying MULTIPLE THOUSANDS of dollars for it.

@All:

Unfortunately, the 2TB Drive from WD has NOT yet arrived, today. :-(

As soon as it gets here, the first TTP Tool I use will be to Clone the existing 1TB Drive to the 2TB Drive. Then temporarily remove the 2TB Drive and begin testing TTP Tools on the 1TB Drive. If all works without issue to the Clover Boot Loader/EFI Partition; then, I will remove the 1TB Drive, and replace it with the 2TB Drive.

Then, as stated earlier, I will turn the 1TB Drive into Ubuntu GNOME 16.04 LTS Linux, and then have a triple boot system. :-)

Right now, I can't do anything until I get my hands on the WD 2TB Drive.

TL

TTP 9.6 and Hackintosh... 14 Feb 2018 00:31 #9411

2-13-2018 at 4:31 PM - PST

Received the new 2TB Drive from WD.

Updated MAC OS X, El Capitan to 10.11.6 (15G19009) <<
(10.11.6 with Security Update Patch.)

Updated Alternate NVIDIA Driver to Latest Driver for (15G19009). NVIDIA Driver 346.03.15f12

Had to reinstall MultiBeast Hackintosh settings to restore lost sound. Sill on Clover Ver 3320 - Legacy Boot.

System seems to be stable. I will monitor for a couple more days, now that I'm Updated. I WON'T be touching TTP 9.6 Tools until I know for sure that the system will remain stable.

As stated earlier, the first Tool I will use will be to clone the 1TB Drive to the 2TB Drive.

TL

TTP 9.6 and Hackintosh... 14 Feb 2018 00:55 #9412

If you are trying to clone a bootable volume, the only tool you can use in our program is the Duplicate Cloning tool, which copies bits, not files, and requires a destination volume that is at least as large as the source volume. Due to changes in the way bootable volumes work, simply copying all of the files from a bootable volume to a destination volume does not produce a bootable volume. Copying bits is faster than copying files, because the disk directory does not have to be constantly updated as the files are copied.

The Duplicate Cloning and File Sync cloning tools are interfaces to Unix tools that come with macOS, and are intended to make it possible to make a backup of a volume used for file storage. They are not intended to be a substitute for a dedicated backup program, such as Carbon Copy Cloner, ChronoSync, or Super Duper!.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 14 Feb 2018 01:01 by micromattech3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TimeLord04

TTP 9.6 and Hackintosh... 17 Feb 2018 01:18 #9424

That is freaking AMAZING .. Time Lord.

I do like the Apple Macintosh product line but it has gone down hill since Steve Jobs went to the otherside. I have been into Apple since the 1980s when the Apple 2 came out.

However .. I am finding out it is just better to go PC .. especially since the iPhone is not connected to the iMac for Apps any more.

I can buy a lot cheaper headache to operate .. and when I do .. I will ask Micromat Sales .. if they have a Techtool for the PC software ... I just love what they do.

Hope they get the problem sorted out .. that is so odd for my configuration .. on just that ONE tool program to optimize the files.

With that said I never try to optimize the Volume ... I see it as a waste of time and effort as the OS will destroy that optimization on start up. It take a bit longer to much up the files.

You are certainly a more capable and learned code breaker then I am.

My very warmest regards.

Wonderful to meet you.

sumbuddie wear blind sea

TTP 9.6 and Hackintosh... 17 Feb 2018 01:31 #9425

TimeLord04,

You are welcome.

Alan Mac Farlane,

We do not have any software for PCs.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TTP 9.6 and Hackintosh... 08 Feb 2019 21:25 #10585

TimeLord04 wrote:

2-13-2018 at 4:31 PM - PST

Received the new 2TB Drive from WD.

Updated MAC OS X, El Capitan to 10.11.6 (15G19009) <<
(10.11.6 with Security Update Patch.)

Updated Alternate NVIDIA Driver to Latest Driver for (15G19009). NVIDIA Driver 346.03.15f12

Had to reinstall MultiBeast Hackintosh settings to restore lost sound. Sill on Clover Ver 3320 - Legacy Boot.

System seems to be stable. I will monitor for a couple more days, now that I'm Updated. I WON'T be touching TTP 9.6 Tools until I know for sure that the system will remain stable.

As stated earlier, the first Tool I will use will be to clone the 1TB Drive to the 2TB Drive.

TL

2-8-2019

Well, it happened... :-(

My first Hackintosh died a horrible death. Either the A-Tech RAM, or the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P MOBO died, or both... Anyway, between April and May the whole thing just went.

I think it got jealous of my new acquisition - a Classic Mac Pro 5,1. Thanks to Time Machine, I got ALL my stuff transferred to the Mac Pro, and began saving for a new Hackintosh. In September, I had the parts to complete a new System. However; had issues trying to get the Installer to run. After several tries, I gave up and started saving again for different hardware to make a second Hackintosh.

December: SUCCESS!!! Got a new Hackintosh running! Just prior to this, I bought TTP 10 for the Mac Pro. TTP 10 runs FANTASTIC on the Mac Pro.

It took another month to streamline and tweak the new Hackintosh back to what I had with the El Capitan Hackintosh. Now; however, this Hackintosh is on High Sierra.

Today: Bought TTP 11 for both the Mac Pro and the new Hackintosh. I will now start a new Thread in TTP 11 Forum.
Last Edit: 08 Feb 2019 22:16 by micromattech3. Reason: Added link from this thread to new one.
Time to create page: 0.393 seconds