Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: "Volume Rebuild is not available because the application is currently running from this volume."

"Volume Rebuild is not available because the application is currently running from this volume." 30 Nov 2017 20:01 #8886

I'm trying to repair a RAID 5 volume that's connected to my mac over an eSATA-to-Thunderbolt 2 adapter. TechTool Pro 9.5 is installed on my boot drive's Applications folder. Why am I getting the following error?
Volume Rebuild is not available because the application is currently running from this volume. Use the eDrive for this tool or launch the application from another volume.[\quote]

I copied Tech Tool Pro to another locally connected volume and got the same error. Also the "File Optimization" tool's "Run File Optimization" button greys out when I click on the RAID I want to repair. I've already tried DiskWarrior as well and am still having trouble recovering some files I'm trying to copy, in which I'm getting "input/output" errors when trying to read the data.

I've also rebooted the RAID and the server that this RAID is connected to with no success.

Thanks for any advice you can give me!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"Volume Rebuild is not available because the application is currently running from this volume." 30 Nov 2017 20:26 #8887

TechTool Pro is intended to support RAID arrays made with Apple's Disk Utility. Some users have reported success with some proprietary RAID arrays.

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. In your message, please describe the RAID, the software used to create it, and the diagnosis of the volume's disk directory from Disk Utility. I am not familiar with how a RAID might affect the false report that the program is being run from the volume you wanted to rebuild. A restart from an eDrive made on a volume that is not part of the RAID should solve that problem.

I suggest you change your screen name to something other than an email address. These forums are indexed by Google, and you might get a lot of spam. Use the My Account link at the top of the page, and then the Account Information link. Changing your screen name retroactively updates the screen name that appears in all of your postings.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds