Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: SWAMPED WITH ALERTS

SWAMPED WITH ALERTS 30 Nov 2017 18:39 #8881

These things wont stop and i have actually turned them off; see below.
And what should I do about the ONE item in the red, see below?
OK adding files does not work.
OK preview this thread does not work
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SWAMPED WITH ALERTS 30 Nov 2017 19:20 #8884

The screen capture does not show me how you have attempted to turn off the SMART warnings, in the TechTool Protection system preferences pane.

In your duplicate posting, you mentioned something in red. That did not appear, and since the text was a duplicate of this posting, I deleted it.

Adding files does work. We know that the preview does not.

The important thing is for you to run the SMART test in TechTool Pro, to see which SMART attribute is failing. This earlier thread may be helpful:

Unfortunately, there are inherent problems with interpreting S.M.A.R.T. data related to reallocated sectors on SSD drives, and only the maker of the SSD can give you a definitive answer. Please see:

TechToolPro9 reporting Hard Drive S.M.A.R.T. Failures.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 30 Nov 2017 19:23 by micromattech3.

SWAMPED WITH ALERTS 30 Nov 2017 20:42 #8888

i'll add the rest of the screen shots (2) hoping they appear tho they do not appear to me.
Also I dont see SMART warnings in the pane. Thanks
Attachments:

SWAMPED WITH ALERTS 30 Nov 2017 20:53 #8889

In some cases, you can add only one screen capture per posting.

You have the wrong test selected in your screen capture. The SMART test should be selected to turn off SMART checking for a particular device. You have the Volume Usage test selected. Note that the screen capture refers to available space.

You should be able to turn off all SMART warnings by unchecking the checkbox for the test itself, at the left of the window. I did that when my own internal hard drive failed in 2016. The warnings can be irritating.

The SMART test itself is in the TechTool Pro application, in the Tests. You should run that to see what the specific attribute reporting the SMART failure is.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 30 Nov 2017 20:59 by micromattech3.

SWAMPED WITH ALERTS 30 Nov 2017 21:01 #8890

You are welcome.

Please check the thread again. In my first reply to message #8888, I did not notice that while the warning you got was for the SMART test (as shown in your first screen capture), the feature you had selected was the Volume Usage test (your second screen capture).

You should not have a volume with only 8% free space, unless it is a large volume with a small number of relatively large files, and is not bootable. A volume with so little free space may not be able to have its directory rebuilt, because there will not be enough space that is both free and contiguous (all in one piece) to hold the new disk directory files, the Catalog B-Tree and the Extents B-Tree. Each of these files must be created in one piece each.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 30 Nov 2017 21:04 by micromattech3.

SWAMPED WITH ALERTS 30 Nov 2017 21:44 #8891

That volume is strictly back up, but I dont know why it is suddenly
104 GB 90% cuz it is usually 8o GB. I also wonder why the volume referred to
in that panel is NOT even appearing in that preferences screenshot.

SWAMPED WITH ALERTS 30 Nov 2017 21:51 #8892

What does this tell us?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: micromattech3

SWAMPED WITH ALERTS 30 Nov 2017 22:38 #8893

SMART attribute 194 is a measure of the internal temperature of the drive. The result indicates that the drive is running at a temperature that is higher than what the manufacturer regards as normal. For models that have ventilation that takes in air in one place and has it exit at another, make sure that the path is not blocks. Also, run the Fans test. If a fan is running slow, the temperature of the inside of the Macintosh, and hence any drive in it, might be higher than normal.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

SWAMPED WITH ALERTS 30 Nov 2017 22:42 #8894

It is not normal for the name of a volume to fail to appear in the TechTool Protection system preferences pane.

I suggest you make some screen captures of how you have this preference pane configured, especially the email alerts, and then use the TechTool Pro application to remove TechTool Protection. There is a "Remove TechTool Protection" menu item in the TechTool Pro menu of the application itself. Then use the same menu to reinstall TechTool Protection. You may have to reconfigure the features. If reinstalling does not work, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You may be asked to send in some additional information, such as an Apple System Information report. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

SWAMPED WITH ALERTS 30 Nov 2017 22:50 #8895

hot ssd: well actually the SSD is on a Sata usb wire OUTSIDE the computer where there is no heat at all.
There is another one out there too which does not get hot.

SWAMPED WITH ALERTS 30 Nov 2017 22:53 #8896

i just removed it thank you

SWAMPED WITH ALERTS 30 Nov 2017 23:10 #8897

You are welcome.

Please post a screen capture of the entire SMART test. We would like to see the identifier for the drive, as shown below (file h50079b6.png).

I have just been informed that there are some drives that have implemented SMART testing in such a way that attribute 194 always reports the highest value ever seen, rather than the current value. In such a case, there is probably no need for alarm, but knowing the temperature would be helpful.

I suggest that you try the demo of iStat menus, which is now on sale for 44% off. The program shows exact drive temperatures, and can (with a bit of effort) be configured to show exact temperatures in the menu bar in real time. See screen capture below.
Attachments:
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 30 Nov 2017 23:28 by micromattech3.

SWAMPED WITH ALERTS 01 Dec 2017 00:07 #8898

ok i added 3 files. 2 show smart checks on the SSD's. One shows the iStat menu but I wonder if it shows SSD's on the PCIe card?

SWAMPED WITH ALERTS 01 Dec 2017 00:28 #8899

Please post the screen captures, one to a message. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

SWAMPED WITH ALERTS 01 Dec 2017 00:33 #8900

It appears that iStat Menus shows only the temperature of the internal drive. I might have assumed that the external drives were shown somewhere in the iStat Menus application, and had never needed to check those temperatures, because external drives tend to run cooler than internal ones, as you mentioned.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

SWAMPED WITH ALERTS 01 Dec 2017 00:42 #8901

Please send the screen captures to help@micromat, along with the URL for this thread. It would be a lot more efficient than trying to post them here. You will receive a reply by email, probably tomorrow. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

SWAMPED WITH ALERTS 01 Dec 2017 00:55 #8902

misson accomplished

SWAMPED WITH ALERTS 01 Dec 2017 02:32 #8903

Thanks for your cooperation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.330 seconds