Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Tech Tool's False Warning Message

Tech Tool's False Warning Message 29 Nov 2017 02:06 #8870

How do you stop Tech tool from putting up a False warnings...Tech Tools keep poping up warning of my mac having only 13% left on the disk warning...I have cleaned some of the disk and removed files, so now my HD has over 25% free space. But Tech Tools keeps reporting the 13%....Real Frustrating for a current product having such issues...I've even run the entire suite of tools hoping this would reset what the software thinks is wrong... It pops up the warning every 15 mins or so...real frustrating.
Ready to ask for a refund.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tech Tool's False Warning Message 29 Nov 2017 04:42 #8872

The amount of free space reported by TechTool Pro agrees with the amount of free space shown in the Storage tab of the Hardware section of the System Report you see when you choose About This Mac...and then System Report. The Finder does not take into account the space occupied by a number of directories.

You can turn off the warning in the TechTool Protection system preferences pane. The feature is called Volume Usage. 13 % free space is considered too low, and is likely to result in free space so fragmented that virtual memory swapfiles are created in a fragmented state, which greatly reduces performance.
Attachments:
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 29 Nov 2017 05:13 by micromattech3.

Tech Tool's False Warning Message 29 Nov 2017 04:51 #8874

I suggest you change your screen name to something other than an email address. These forums are indexed by Google, and you might get a lot of spam. Use the My Account link at the top of the page, and then the Account Information link. Changing your screen name retroactively updates the screen name that appears in all of your postings.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Tech Tool's False Warning Message 29 Nov 2017 07:15 #8875

Thanks for the note about changing the user name, but I guess you don't use your own forum tools...you can change all the info but User name. PS there is no link called "My Account" here, but I found the info finally and you can change everything but the user name. How about one of you guys do it and make it "Tewart"

Tech Tool's False Warning Message 29 Nov 2017 07:24 #8876

Since you know lots more about a Macbook Pro than I do technically, how can the System Report show 10G free on storage, and when you do Option I on the hard drive it shows 99G free, shouldn't your tools also help fix this mis-match of info? It looks to be a problem and as a customer it would be nice to fix this issue.

Tech Tool's False Warning Message 29 Nov 2017 11:12 #8877

My Account is at the top of the forums page:

I cannot edit your account.
Attachments:
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 29 Nov 2017 11:13 by micromattech3.

Tech Tool's False Warning Message 29 Nov 2017 11:17 #8878

Option I uses the inaccurate data from the Finder. This has been known throughout the Macintosh community for years. For example:

Disk Utility showing less available space than the Finder in OS X
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds