Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: After Partitioning 8TB Drive, Drive will not mount

After Partitioning 8TB Drive, Drive will not mount 27 Nov 2017 10:32 #8862

I re-purposed a Seagate HD from an external drive as a backup for the 4th slot on my MacPro. It had been working flawlessly, but I wanted to use it for both CCC (Carbon Copy Cloner) and Time Machine. Shortly, thereafter, and despite some warnings from the OS, it would no longer be addressable.

I tried all of my utilities to erase, reformat, etc., but nothing seems to work. I don’t think that there’s anything really physically wrong with the drive.

Suggestions?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

After Partitioning 8TB Drive, Drive will not mount 27 Nov 2017 11:23 #8863

In more recent versions of Disk Utility, reformatting the entire device requires using the Partition tab. Make sure you have the entire device selected once you are in the Partition tab, not some volume on the device. You might try searching at Google for Disk Utility, the name of your version of Mac OS, and reformat drive. Other than that, I think you should contact Seagate.

I suggest you change your screen name to something other than an email address. These forums are indexed by Google, and you might get a lot of spam. Use the My Account link at the top of the page, and then the Account Information link. Changing your screen name retroactively updates the screen name that appears in all of your postings.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds