Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Techtool Pro and other product overlaps

Techtool Pro and other product overlaps 06 Nov 2017 05:47 #8779

Is there a place on the website that explains the differences and similarities between all the Micromat products I have Techtool Pro 9.5 and always had Techtool But is Drivescope and Atomic different (and Checkmate I think is different?) Have I missed this simple comparison on the website? Such as if you have the full techtool Pro you do not need the others?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Techtool Pro and other product overlaps 06 Nov 2017 11:22 #8780

There is no comparison chart.

If you read the detailed product descriptions and download and read the free manuals, you see that the SMART testing in DriveScope provides more details and supports more types of drives than the one in TechTool Pro.

The memory test in Atomic can test memory that is allocated to an application but not being used by it, a unique feature that took quite a bit of development.

Checkmate runs its tests on a schedule, automatically, when your Macintosh is on, not sleeping, and not being used. Many people find that convenient, because it will automatically run tests such as the Surface Scan at night, and can run a partial Surface Scan during the day, and resume where it left off later.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 11 Nov 2017 18:29 by micromattech3.

Techtool Pro and other product overlaps 11 Nov 2017 18:15 #8827

you mean I have to buy drivescope too? I thought TTP has it all and keep using it a lot

Techtool Pro and other product overlaps 11 Nov 2017 18:32 #8830

DriveScope provides a lot more detail about SMART testing than TechTool Pro does, and has support for the NVMe SSD drives used in the latest models. You can download the manual here:

www.micromat.com/index.php/productmanuals
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 11 Nov 2017 18:38 by micromattech3.

Techtool Pro and other product overlaps 15 Nov 2017 12:06 #8838

i have using micromat products since the day of EKG !

TTP is the best all around util - it sure does a lot of things

Techtool Pro and other product overlaps 15 Nov 2017 13:18 #8839

You have a good memory.

One of my first contacts with Micromat was to call to report a missing pixel in one of the graphics in Mac EKG. At first, the company thought they were seeing a speck on the surface their Radius monitor.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds