Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Surface Scan: Minor Feature Request

Surface Scan: Minor Feature Request 05 Nov 2017 01:19 #8760

It would be very helpful if this test also displayed the name of the drives next to the model & capacity (i.e. 3 TB WDC WD3000FYYZ-01UL1B0) within the individual test and also the Check Computer Configuration pop-up window. When you have multiple drives it's hard to know which is which without having to open another app like Disk Utility and/or System Profiler to verify. When the test is complete then it displays the name of the drive but I'm not able to find this info before running the test.

thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Surface Scan: Minor Feature Request 05 Nov 2017 01:26 #8761

I am not sure if this works during the Check Computer suite of tests, but with the Surface Scan test chosen in Tests, place the mouse pointer over the description of the drive, wait a few seconds, and a ToolTip window opens, with the complete description of the drive.

It is extremely difficult to make a screen capture of a ToolTip window. The one shown below is from the Volume Rebuild window, but it works the same way in the Surface Scan:
Attachments:
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 05 Nov 2017 01:27 by micromattech3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shape

Surface Scan: Minor Feature Request 05 Nov 2017 03:54 #8762

The ToolTip feature does work with Check Computer before the tests are started, and when the drives are displayed while the suite is running.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Surface Scan: Minor Feature Request 05 Nov 2017 09:16 #8764

Yup, the tooltips work! Thanks for letting me know. It would be nice to have them available in the Surface Scan Configuration prefs too though, or the drive names added there along w/ the model #s.

Surface Scan: Minor Feature Request 05 Nov 2017 12:32 #8765

You are welcome, and thanks for your suggestion, which I will pass along to the beta administrator for TechTool Pro.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.326 seconds