Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: The eDRIVE

The eDRIVE 06 Oct 2017 11:06 #8672

Since I've upgraded to Mac OSX 10.13 (High Sierra) the eDRIVE icon keeps automatically appearing on my desktop and I have to drag it off to remove it.

Could someone please tell me why this is?

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The eDRIVE 06 Oct 2017 13:05 #8673

TechTool Pro 9.5.3 is not compatible with macOS 10.13 High Sierra. You should not be using it with High Sierra.

If you were not using High Sierra, this would be the explanation:

Something is preventing the TechToolProDaemon background process (which you can see in Activity Monitor, located in /Applications/Utilities) from unmounting the eDrive after it mounts at the end of the boot. As long as TechTool Pro is properly installed on the active startup volume, that process should be running. Make sure that you have launched TechTool Pro and allowed it to install the TechTool Protection system preferences pane.

Please see these instructions for completely and cleaning removing and reinstalling TechTool Pro. This approach is rarely required, as the installer itself removes most of the previous installation, but it has solved a few otherwise unsolvable problems.

If the approach linked above does not work in your case, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply by email on Monday, and may be asked to send in some additional information, such as an Apple System Information report. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 06 Oct 2017 13:07 by micromattech3.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds