Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Is the new release of 9.5 fully compatible with 10.12?

Is the new release of 9.5 fully compatible with 10.12? 02 Oct 2017 05:14 #8660

I had several issues with the releases of Techtool 9 including it being unable to recognize its own created eDrive which I eventually ended up giving up and re-partitioning my main Hdd to get around.

I have a pair of 2015 iMacs here running Sierra and even now am still unable to use the eDrive function on one of them as I have not re-partitioned the second one and it won't recognize an eDrive created on any external USB, of any size.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is the new release of 9.5 fully compatible with 10.12? 02 Oct 2017 10:23 #8661

TechTool Pro 9.5 is fully compatible with macOS Sierra.

An eDrive created on any drive requires that the drive be formatted with a GUID partition map, and a Mac OS Extended (journaled) volume. Many external drives are supplied with a MBR partition map, which is used by Windows.

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply by email, and may be asked to send in some additional information, such as an Apple System Information report. Thank you for your cooperation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Is the new release of 9.5 fully compatible with 10.12? 03 Oct 2017 08:04 #8668

Is this something that changed? because the eDrive function worked just fine in 9 until the 9.1 upgrade.

I went through all this with the Tech support months ago and it was their suggestion to reformat my drive and make a 50Gb partition then install the System and Techtool on that.

I used the eDrive functionality in Techtool to remove the old eDrive off the 1TB portable that I had been hosting it on forever, then I created a new eDrive and attempted to boot it up from it, only to discover that the new eDrive wouldn't show up in the Disk menu on restart.

Is the new release of 9.5 fully compatible with 10.12? 03 Oct 2017 11:17 #8669

I do not know whether any changes were made to the way the eDrive is created.

I can tell you that because the eDrive is not normally mounted, it does not appear in the Startup Disk pane of System Preferences, and that on some computers, the eDrive does not appear in the Startup Manager that you invoke by holding down the Option key at the start of the boot unless you have already made one successful boot from the eDrive by using the Restart eDrive button in the eDrive pane of the TechTool Pro application.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds