Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: File is not a valid image file

File is not a valid image file 29 Sep 2017 21:43 #8656

I am running the File Structures check and what comes up the most is hundreds of files that say "File is not a valid image file". What am I supposed to do with this information? Can I fix them somehow?
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

File is not a valid image file 29 Sep 2017 23:09 #8657

Thanks for posting the screen capture, which makes it clear that the files are graphics files of the jpg type, not disk image files.

The File Structures test in Checkmate and TechTool Pro tests a few specific types of files to see if their structure conforms perfectly to Apple's published definitions. The fact that a file is flagged by the test means that it varies from the published specs in some respect, but that does not necessarily mean that it is corrupted beyond use. The only way to know for certain is to try to open the file with an application that should be able to open it. The test results sometimes cause needless alarm, but the test has also allowed some people to learn that their graphics files were in fact unusable.

There is a good explanation in the manual for TechTool Pro 6. The relevant page is online at:

File Structures test

These jpg files can be opened in Preview or any other program that opens graphics. It is quite common for the test to flag files of this type. After you have verified that the files open, you can use the checkboxes to uncheck the test for graphics files.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds