Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: ProToGo is broken - no user apps appear in menu on bootable volume

ProToGo is broken - no user apps appear in menu on bootable volume 26 Sep 2017 12:16 #8624

<b>PART I - no user apps in GUI menu</b>

When I boot the ProToGo USB flash drive, the OSX Utilities launcher appears. In the main window, I see the following options:

• Restore from Time Machine backup

• Reinstall OSX

• Get help online

• Disk Utility

Under the Utilities menu in the same launcher app, I see the following options:

• Firmware Password Utility

• Network Utility

• Terminal

If I launch Terminal, I can navigate to /Applications/Utilities and list the applications which I put on the volume (including TechTool) but these apps do not appear anywhere in the GUI menu along with the standard system apps. Since the TechTool manual does not say I have to use Terminal, I presume that user apps are supposed to appear in the GUI along with the system apps. So what happened?

<b>
PART II - default system apps are missing</b>

The TechTool manual says:
All profiles contain a default list of applications. For Mac OS X, these are:

• TechToolPro

• Console

• DiskUtility

• SystemInformation
• Terminal

—I chose to build a volume with the minimal profile. But, in addition to the system apps described in Part I, the only system apps which appear on the ProToGo volume are <b>Disk Utility</b> and <b>Terminal. Console</b> and <b>System Information</b> are notably absent. Is the documentation wrong, or is TechTool broken?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ProToGo is broken - no user apps appear in menu on bootable volume 26 Sep 2017 13:17 #8627

Thanks for your clear and detailed report.

I have never seen such an outcome from a Protogo device. Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply be email, and may be asked to send in some additional information, such as an Apple System Information report. Thanks for your cooperation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds