Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Optimization and volume rebuild of external drives

Optimization and volume rebuild of external drives 14 Sep 2017 00:53 #8559

I was trying to do a volume rebuild and file & volume optimization on an external drive but I notice that none of my external drives show up in those tools. Only my internal drive on my 2012 iMac shows up. My externals show up in Partition Rebuild and various test selections. I am using TTP 9.5.1 on OS 10.10.5 (Yosemite). I could have sworn in previous versions of TTP I could optimize and volume rebuild external drives. Am I doing something wrong?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Optimization and volume rebuild of external drives 14 Sep 2017 01:05 #8560

There is a free update to Version 9.5.2. The "Check for Update" feature is in the
TechTool Pro 9 menu of the TechTool Pro 9 application.

If the update does not solve the problem you have reported with the external drive, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email on Thursday. Thank you for your cooperation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Optimization and volume rebuild of external drives 14 Sep 2017 01:33 #8561

Just downloaded 9.5.2 and Mac OS formatted drives now show up in the optimization and volume rebuild tools. Two drives that are ExFat formatted still don't show up. AM I right in thinking that TTP doesn't like ExFat formatted drives? Thanks for your help!

Also emailing the help address

Optimization and volume rebuild of external drives 14 Sep 2017 02:10 #8562

Thanks for the update, and for your cooperation.

The Volume Rebuild, File Optimization, and Volume Optimization tools in TechTool Pro 9.5.2 work on HFS+, also known as Mac OS Extended (journaled) volumes. The tools do not recognize FAT32 volumes or devices formatted by Windows.

The people at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. might be able to suggest a suitable program that would run under Windows for rebuilding the disk directory and optimizing Windows volumes. I have no experience with such programs myself.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds