Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: TechTool 9.5.2 Cannot restart on E-Drive...

TechTool 9.5.2 Cannot restart on E-Drive... 06 Sep 2017 00:37 #8534

I've tried many times to restart on the E-Drive that I've created on my external drive. No luck whatsoever. I've removed the E-drive and started from scratch but no luck. Every time I try to restart on the e-drive, it always restarts on the startup drive. I've run out of options. Any help would be appreciated. This problem started after I upgraded to 9.5.2. Prior to that upgrade, this was not a problem...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TechTool 9.5.2 Cannot restart on E-Drive... 06 Sep 2017 00:59 #8535

I assume that the present eDrive was created by the TechTool Pro 9.5.2 application. Simply updating the copy of TechTool Pro on the eDrive without replacing the system software on the eDrive would not affect its ability to act as a bootable volume.

The eDrive does not normally appear in the Startup pane of System Preferences, because it is not normally a mounted volume. It often does not appear as an option in the Startup Manager that you invoke with the Option key at the start of a boot or restart, until you have made one successful boot with it by using the Restart eDrive button in the eDrive pane of the TechTool Pro application.

If you cannot get a successful boot from the eDrive by using the Restart eDrive button, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply by email on Tuesday, and may be asked to send in some additional information, such as an Apple System Information report. Also, please do not delete any logs from the present eDrive or your usual boot volume. The logs may provide clues as to why the boot is not taking place from the eDrive. Thanks for your cooperation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds