Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: 9.5 Installer installs previous version

9.5 Installer installs previous version 25 Jun 2017 16:11 #8402

With misgivings, I did the paid upgrade to v9.5.

I have tried to install using the 9.5 installer and each time, I install what seems to be the previous version.

Adding this to what seems like a greedy paid update, makes me unhappy.

Please advise me on how to obtain the great new version of your program that I just paid for.
Last Edit: 25 Jun 2017 17:46 by BobbyQue. Reason: error in post
The administrator has disabled public write access.

9.5 Installer installs previous version 25 Jun 2017 17:45 #8403

When you buy the TechTool Pro 9.5.1 upgrade in our online store, a TechTool Pro 9.5.1 installer and its serial number are added to your Available Downloads, at the bottom of your My Account page, linked at the upper left corner of the Forums page. Installers for earlier versions of TechTool Pro are still there. It is possible that you downloaded the wrong installer. Please check the version number of the installer. The filename of the download is ttp951_3131.dmg. I just downloaded and checked the version number on the installer from my own account.

If you do not see in your Available Downloads a link with the title TechTool Pro 9.5.1 Installer (154.2 MB), please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email on Monday. There are no other reports of people getting the wrong version from the download.

I suggest you change your screen name to something other than an email address. These forums are indexed by Google, and you might get a lot of spam. Use the My Account link at the top of the page, and then the Account Information link. Changing your screen name retroactively updates the screen name that appears in all of your postings.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

9.5 Installer installs previous version 25 Jun 2017 17:51 #8404

If you carefully read my post, I mentioned the installer for the download of ttp951_3131.dmg from the Email invoice of the purchase.!

9.5 Installer installs previous version 25 Jun 2017 18:01 #8405

I do not see any reference to the disk image file in your first posting.

When you mount the disk image file, you should see this (screen capture is at the bottom of the page):

If you do not, please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , as described above. Thank you.
Attachments:
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 25 Jun 2017 18:02 by micromattech3.

9.5 Installer installs previous version 25 Jun 2017 18:15 #8406

I have downloaded the installer from the link sent to me by Micromat for the purchase of 9.5. When I use it, it pulls up the install package for v, 9, not 9.5.

Also, I am unable to change my user name as you suggested! I referred to the v. 9.5 installer above, I thought I went into more detail. Sorry about that.

9.5 Installer installs previous version 25 Jun 2017 18:24 #8407

It is possible that while the link in the email you were sent goes to the wrong version, your Available Downloads, described above, will have the 9.5.1 dmg and your new TechTool Pro 9.5.1. serial number. Please check your Available Downloads (screen capture is below).

I do not know why you would be unable to change your user name. We can fix that on Monday if you send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. about the problem.

Oddly, your last message went into the Spam folder on my email account. I have seen that happen a few times before, but have not been able to see any pattern in what gets sent to Spam.
Attachments:
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 25 Jun 2017 18:27 by micromattech3.

9.5 Installer installs previous version 25 Jun 2017 18:39 #8408

The downloaded file looks like your attachment, but, links to the v. 9 installer!

Boy, what a useless waste of my time and yours this has been.

Since you can not solve this for me, I guess I will have to contact Micromat Monday.
Attachments:

9.5 Installer installs previous version 25 Jun 2017 18:48 #8409

Thanks for posting the screen capture.

If you double-click the dmg file, what do you see?

Did you download this dmg file from your Available Downloads, or from the email link?
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

9.5 Installer installs previous version 25 Jun 2017 18:55 #8410

It is good to see that you were able to change your user name.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

9.5 Installer installs previous version 25 Jun 2017 19:08 #8411

The Email link refers me to my available downloads? I tried every way I could to download v.9.5. Changed browsers (from FF to Safari- this worked to change my User Name!). Rebooted, tried again and all I get when i download the linked installer is the v.9 package.
At least I got to change my User Name.

9.5 Installer installs previous version 25 Jun 2017 19:19 #8412

I do not know whether the email link goes to your Available Downloads.

Please use the My Account link at the top of the Forums page, as you did when you changed your user name, and then scroll down to Available Downloads. If what you see there is not the TechTool Pro 9.5.1 installer, please forward your email receipt to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and explain that the link is for the wrong version, and that you do not have the correct version in your Available Downloads. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

9.5 Installer installs previous version 25 Jun 2017 19:29 #8413

What is the date on the email receipt?
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

9.5 Installer installs previous version 25 Jun 2017 19:31 #8414

You wont' believe this. I downloaded the installer from the Account access on the forum website using Safari as my browser.

Xing this was the first time it allowed med to enter my new SN and now the 9.5 version is running on my Mac.

How about that?

9.5 Installer installs previous version 25 Jun 2017 19:38 #8415

I do believe it, and thanks for the good news.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.325 seconds