Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: how to turn of smart drive warning for low % space available

how to turn of smart drive warning for low % space available 16 Jun 2017 05:30 #8382

I downloaded and installed TTP 9.5 today, and after that I started getting almost constant warning for 2 external drives that are used as Time Machine backup drives, that they were below 5% free space.

With previous versions, I recall being able to set the % at which warnings would be propagated. However, I can no longer located this setting. I also, could not find a way to disable the warning for those drives. I had to turn off all protections to get the warnings to stop.

Is it possible to disable the low free space warnings on selected drives, and if so, how?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

how to turn of smart drive warning for low % space available 16 Jun 2017 10:15 #8383

The setting is in the TechTool Protection system preferences pane, not in the TechTool Pro application. Please see the screen capture below. The feature that issues the warning is called Volume Usage. Once you see it, I think you will have no trouble configuring it. Uncheck the checkbox that appears next to the name of the volume.

I suggest you change your screen name to something other than an email address. These forums are indexed by Google, and you might get a lot of spam. Use the My Account link at the top of the page, and then the Account Information link. Changing your screen name retroactively updates the screen name that appears in all of your postings.
Attachments:
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 16 Jun 2017 10:16 by micromattech3.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds