Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: after running "Check Computer" pages, numbers, keynote won't open

after running "Check Computer" pages, numbers, keynote won't open 29 May 2017 02:34 #8324

after running "Check Computer", pages, numbers, and keynote won't open. Tried restarting, no help. Had to uninstall all three apps and reinstall. Whats up with that!? I paid $100.00 for an app that is suoosed to check and clean things up but instead makes things worse? How could a check computer do that? Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to offer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

after running "Check Computer" pages, numbers, keynote won't open 29 May 2017 02:55 #8325

The manual for TechTool Pro describes all of the tests that are part of the Check Computer suite of tests, starting on page 5.6.

TechTool Pro is divided into tests, and tools. Tests are read only, and make no changes to your data. If a test detects a problem, there may be a corresponding tool that can attempt to fix the problem. The tool does not run automatically; you must choose it and run it. The tools can make changes; the tests do not. There is no way that running Check Computer could have caused a problem with your three Apple applications.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 29 May 2017 03:02 by micromattech3.

after running "Check Computer" pages, numbers, keynote won't open 29 May 2017 03:36 #8326

That's pretty much what I figured. But before tests, fine. After no good? For just buying this and using it for the first time, I certainly do not have any confidence in it. I have been using Macs for years, and the reason I bought this is because I bought a brand new Mac Pro late 2013 to put my Mac Pro mid 2010 to rest. However, I ran this test I am talking about on my MacBook Pro. weird, isn't it? I just can't for the life of me figure how a test can change anything! Maybe it didn't and was just coincidence ?

after running "Check Computer" pages, numbers, keynote won't open 29 May 2017 09:45 #8327

Yes, it was a coincidence. The event has nothing to do with TechTool Pro, and so your confidence in the program should not be affected by the event in any way.

If you are using system software earlier than OS X 10.12, you could have used the Console application, located in /Applications/Utilities, to read the All Messages log to see what errors were reported when you attempted to launch any of the three Apple applications. Those error messages might make it possible to determine why the applications did not launch. Reading the error messages in OS X 10.12 is more difficult, and requires reading a tutorial online or having someone show you the process. I am not familiar with it myself, because someone has to check the compatibility of our products with OS X 10.10 and other earlier system software.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dean1157

after running "Check Computer" pages, numbers, keynote won't open 13 Jun 2017 20:48 #8367

I just came to the forum because I was trying to find out my problems.
I apologize to you for my english not right.

From Italy I can confirm exactly what Dean1157 wrote.
I used 2 times and 2 times after rebooting those Apple applications have become unusable.
Like Dean, my only option to erase them and reinstall them.
In addition, the Protogo interior constructs only the minimal profile that actually works.
(Maybe this would change for me by installing it again)
But I do not like the previous TTP anymore, and hoping to finally fix it I bought it right away.
This latest version gives me a feeling of strong uncertainty and I also locked up waiting for an update.
TechTool Pro is very important to me; unfortunately I feel that much enthusiasm has been lost.

after running "Check Computer" pages, numbers, keynote won't open 14 Jun 2017 17:26 #8374

I am sorry to see that you had the same strange outcome that Dean1157 had. Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email, and may be asked to send in some additional information, such as an Apple System Information report. If we have such a report from any people who encounter this problem, we can look for common elements. This is a very strange thing to have happen, and it is really helpful of you to report it. The information you provide may help us to reproduce the problem. Thanks for your cooperation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

after running "Check Computer" pages, numbers, keynote won't open 15 Jun 2017 22:43 #8377

It's possible to be very courteous, but equally pragmatic.

Many thanks for your extremely professional reply, and I understand what you have said,
but should I resume a process that crushed my MBP twice?
Now where is my time lost to put everything in order?
Under the same conditions, the return is just a new problem for me. With this Mac I live and work.

Instead, I paid the new release with confidence and it does not work properly.
Regardless my problem,
I am sure the Company knows how much work it should do but think too much about financial,
no longer as dynamic software house.
Here Micromat received 2 very clear indications.
It should be main task analyze the software and finally understand why.

My personal impression is that last 2 versions back there are problems, and I did not see them solved but getting worse. On the other hand, it increases the offer of accessories.
The advent of the SSD crushed the main business, but the customer should not have any problems.
If you analyze too much the costs you no longer make the necessary products and the customer goes away.
The happy customer is the certainty of any activity,
And the financial share of a Company remains good even during the crisis if the client feels respected.

after running "Check Computer" pages, numbers, keynote won't open 15 Jun 2017 23:13 #8378

You are welcome.

I requested that you contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so we can get some more information about your computer, such as an Apple System Information report. If we get that report from you and from Dean1157, we can compare the two systems and see if they have any unusual factors in common that would allow us to reproduce the problem that you and Dean1157 reported. In most cases, software problems are solved by first reproducing the problem, and then studying in detail what happened.

I am sorry that you have lost time because of this problem, but without your cooperation and that of Dean1157, the problem may not be able to be solved.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

after running "Check Computer" pages, numbers, keynote won't open 15 Jun 2017 23:27 #8379

Dean1157,

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . Now that we have had a second report of this problem, we need to get Apple System Information reports from both you and taguelmoust. It is not clear how a series of tests that are read-only could cause problems with the Apple applications. Thanks for your cooperation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

after running "Check Computer" pages, numbers, keynote won't open 16 Jun 2017 02:33 #8380

I answered help@micromat

after running "Check Computer" pages, numbers, keynote won't open 16 Jun 2017 02:45 #8381

Thank you very much for your cooperation. You will receive a reply by email on Friday.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

after running "Check Computer" pages, numbers, keynote won't open 17 Jun 2017 01:18 #8384

I still answered This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. sending my Apple System Log, and a detailed report of what happened.
I hope that helps All

after running "Check Computer" pages, numbers, keynote won't open 17 Jun 2017 02:16 #8385

Thanks for sending the information to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . I, too, hope that it helps us to determine what happened.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds