Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: TTP 9.0.2 Protection panel

TTP 9.0.2 Protection panel 18 Feb 2017 20:22 #8080

the protection panel will not install properly. I have installed it & re-installed numerous times. I have uninstalled the tech tool app & reinstalled that numerous time. The pane installs, I hit run, and nothing happens, or appears in the window.
Additionally, every time I quit TTP, I get an alert that a new helper file wants to install, the only thing that does is mess with my fan control panel. What's up?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TTP 9.0.2 Protection panel 18 Feb 2017 21:32 #8081

I have not encountered this problem before, and regret that I cannot suggest anything other than restarting the Macintosh, in case something is wrong with the System Preferences application that runs when you open the TechTool Protection system preferences pane or any other system preferences pane. If that does not work, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email on Monday, and may be asked to send in some additional information, such as an Apple System Information report and some log files.

The “Install Helper” is a part of Apple’s enforced SMJobBless requirement for applications which have to access hardware at elevated privileges. It must be done each time the application is used, for security reasons.

I suggest you change your screen name to something other than an email address, so you do not get a lot of spam.

Use the My Account link at the top of the page, then the Account Information link. Change the "username" field.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 18 Feb 2017 21:41 by micromattech3.

TTP 9.0.2 Protection panel 26 Feb 2017 14:16 #8090

TTP 9.0.2
OS 10.11.6

After updating to TTP 9.0.2 I can no longer choose the directory backup location. The backup is made on the startupvolume only for 2 extern hard disks,the startup disk directory ist also on the startup disk, if I choose it, but I can not choose any other location. The +/- ist grayed out.

as

TTP 9.0.2 Protection panel 26 Feb 2017 16:39 #8091

For the record, from page 9.4 of the TechTool Pro 9.0.2 manual:

NOTE Directory backups are not kept for drives encrypted by FileVault 2 for security reasons. Directory Backup is also not available for SSD drives. Data Recovery is not possible for these devices because the TRIM feature overwrites data immediately.

Directory Backup files are not written while the TechTool Pro application is open, or when the source or destination volume is on a drive that is sleeping.

Since you apparently had the feature working correctly before, I can only suggest reinstalling the program:

Try reinstalling the program by running the TechTool Pro 9.0.2 installer, which you can download from your Available Downloads at the bottom of your My Account page, linked above. If that does not work, make a screen capture of the way you have the email alerts configured in the TechTool Protection system preferences pane, and then use the Uninstall feature of the TechTool Pro 9.0.2 installer to uninstall the program (via the Customize button, and the resulting checkboxes) . Then reinstall the program, launch the TechTool Pro 9.0.2 application, enter your serial number, and configure the features found in the TechTool Protection system preferences pane.

If neither of these suggestions works, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email, and may be asked to send in additional information, such as an Apple System Information report. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 26 Feb 2017 17:12 by micromattech3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigbug

TTP 9.0.2 Protection panel 27 Feb 2017 18:14 #8092

This problem is being worked on for the next update.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 27 Feb 2017 23:15 by micromattech3.

TTP 9.0.2 Protection panel 27 Feb 2017 22:21 #8093

As I mentioned in my 1st email, I have installed your app, restarted my computer & get a blank protection panel. It says it's running, but shows nothing, and will not let me add it to me add it to my menu bar.

JDF III
Attachments:

TTP 9.0.2 Protection panel 27 Feb 2017 23:14 #8094

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , as suggested in posting 8081 above. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds