Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: TTP 8.0.5 Protection preferences were different after update

TTP 8.0.5 Protection preferences were different after update 29 Jul 2016 21:48 #7375

TTP v 8.0.5
OS X 10.8.5

I let TTP 8.0.4 do the update to 8.0.5 and then went into the TTP Protection preference pane. The preferences for Directory Backup and Trash History were not maintained and had to be corrected.

The discrepancies related to which partitions were selected for which protection. I have 3 partitions on my internal drive and several partitions across 3 external drives. The external drives were not mounted at the time of the update.

Post-update, the Directory Backup list had only my startup partition selected. All partitions on my internal drive should have been selected. The Locations list was intact and correct. When I mounted my external drives, I was not surprised to see all of the partitions in the Directory Backup list AND that none were selected. Of the external partitions, all except two partitions should have been selected.

Post-update, the Trash History list had all internal partitions selected and that was correct. However, when I mounted the external drives, all partitions were selected and two should not have been selected.

Is this the expected behavior, or do I need to open a support ticket?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TTP 8.0.5 Protection preferences were different after update 29 Jul 2016 22:00 #7376

The previous preferences should have been maintained.

If you have corrected the settings, and they do not stay corrected, reinstall TechTool Pro 8.0.5 by running the installer. The installer is in your Available Downloads, at the bottom of your My Account page, linked above.

If reinstalling does not work, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email, and may be asked to send in an Apple System Information report. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds