Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Can't install TechTool Protection on El Capitan 10.11.5

Can't install TechTool Protection on El Capitan 10.11.5 02 Jul 2016 00:43 #7321

Trying to install TechTool Protection Version 8.0.5 (2234-ecc3e19) on the latest El Capitan 10.11.5
gives the following return:

"Could not install (null) preferences pane."

TechTool itself runs okay, but on every invocation TechTool prompts for a TechTool Protection Update, which
also yields the same return message. Also on every TechTool invocation the CPU goes to 100% for a minite or
two unless I remove TechTool Protection.

I tried rebooting and removing and reinstalling but always get the same result with TechTool Protection.

"rootless" is off. And I've had no issues with other apps placing items in System Preferences.

Any suggestions?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can't install TechTool Protection on El Capitan 10.11.5 02 Jul 2016 01:07 #7322

Thanks for your clear and detailed report.

Try downloading the TechTool Pro 8.0.5 installer again, from the Available Downloads at the bottom of the My Account page, linked above.

If reinstalling with the new installer does not work, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email on Tuesday, and may be asked to send in an Apple System Information report and some log files. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Can't install TechTool Protection on El Capitan 10.11.5 02 Jul 2016 01:30 #7323

There is a way to install the TechTool Protection system preferences pane manually while you await a reply on Tuesday.

Select the TechTool Pro application, hold down the Control key, click the application, and from the contextual menu choose "Show Package Contents". Navigate to this path:

/Applications/TechTool Pro 8.app/Contents/MacOS/TechTool Protection.prefPane

Option drag the preferences pane file named TechTool Protection.prefPane to:

/Library/Preference Panes

not

/users/username/Library/Preference Panes
Attachments:
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 02 Jul 2016 01:31 by micromattech3.
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds