Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Stuck Memory Eroor

Stuck Memory Eroor 22 Jun 2016 18:31 #7294

Running TTP8 on a macmini and it shows a Stuck Memory error. No details other than and error has occurred.

Is there a method to ID the location of the stuck memory? What's the typical effect of having stuck memory?

What's the remedy, just replacing the RAM?

Thanks,
Gary
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Stuck Memory Eroor 22 Jun 2016 18:54 #7295

A stuck memory error at a particular memory address means that the contents of that address cannot be changed. That essentially means that the memory module is defective. I do not know just what would happen if the operating system tried to write to an address and it was not able to.

Given the way the memory management in OS X works, it is not possible now to identify which memory module is defective. Assuming that they are not soldered to the logic board, you would have to remove the memory modules one at a time and run the test again.

The best approach is to restart and run the tests before launching any other applications. There is no way to guarantee that all of the memory has been tested with any software-based RAM tester, but such an approach will maximize the amount of memory that can be tested.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 22 Jun 2016 18:56 by micromattech3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: g_holden

Stuck Memory Eroor 23 Jun 2016 17:16 #7296

As a follow up to our discussion yesterday, I replaced the 2 - 2GB ram chips with an 8 GB this morning and ran the memory test again and....same error.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Stuck Memory Eroor 23 Jun 2016 18:03 #7297

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply be email, and may be asked to send in some log files. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds