Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Slow booting ttp8

Slow booting ttp8 10 Jun 2016 18:56 #7276

Hello,
just bought a second hand IMAC 27" and got El Captain . I bought a 32 GB usb key and installed el captain and ttp8. Like I did with lion except it was a 8GB key.

First behavior is a password to access the disk; then a second one to open the session.
Second behavior when clicking on ttp 8 or anything is takes about 10 mins to open! which never happened with previous bootable key.

so is there a problem with el captain ? TPP8?

thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Slow booting ttp8 10 Jun 2016 19:04 #7277

Some USB memory sticks are ten times slower than others, even though they both meet USB specifications. I suggest you look at user reviews on Amazon.com and try to find a USB memory stick that offers superior performance. You might also check the All Messages log on the USB memory stick, to see if there are any unusual errors reported. You can read the log with the Console application, located in /Applications/Utilities, while booted from the USB memory stick.

Format the USB memory stick with Disk Utility, giving it a GUID partition map and a single Mac OS Extended (journaled) volume. Then make an eDrive on the USB memory stick. If you have your log-in preferences set to log you in automatically on the startup volume that was chosen to be the OS X Source Volume, then that preference is copied to the eDrive. It is always necessary to authenticate to use TechTool Pro.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: LF369@T33

Slow booting ttp8 18 Jun 2016 19:14 #7284

thanks a lot

Slow booting ttp8 18 Jun 2016 19:36 #7287

You are welcome.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds