Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: TTP "Sparkle"-updating-component does not reflect updates in "System Info; Software; Installations"

TTP "Sparkle"-updating-c​omponent does not reflect updates in "System Info; Software; Installations" 20 May 2016 16:57 #7223

The Tech Tool Pro "Sparkle"-based-updating-component does not appear to reflect recent updates under the
"Applications":"Utilities":"System Information.app":"Software":" Installations" heading .

Please use a more-standardized update mechanism .
www.micromat.com/components/com_kunena/t...es/emoticons/sad.png
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TTP "Sparkle"-updating-c​omponent does not reflect updates in "System Info; Software; Installations" 20 May 2016 17:57 #7224

If you select the TechTool Pro application icon, and type Command I to bring up the Info box for the file, what version number is shown?

As far as I know, Sparkle is the industry-standard on the Macintosh platform. Many of the applications I have use it.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TTP "Sparkle"-updating-c​omponent does not reflect updates in "System Info; Software; Installations" 20 May 2016 22:28 #7225

Apple System Information Report show the correct version on my iMac (mid 2010, running OS X 10.10.5:
Attachments:
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 20 May 2016 22:29 by micromattech3.

TTP "Sparkle"-updating-c​omponent does not reflect updates in "System Info; Software; Installations" 21 May 2016 03:44 #7226

10.11.5, on a mid-2015-Retina-MacBook_Pro, shows TPP v8.0.4

TTP "Sparkle"-updating-c​omponent does not reflect updates in "System Info; Software; Installations" 21 May 2016 04:52 #7227

I don't think that you were paying attention -- don't look in the "Software":"Applications", section -- look in the "Software":"Installations" section !

TTP "Sparkle"-updating-c​omponent does not reflect updates in "System Info; Software; Installations" 21 May 2016 11:28 #7228

You are correct. I was looking in the wrong place, and the version number for TechTool Pro 8.0.4 is blank. On my iMac, other programs have the correct version number in "Software; Installations". Thanks for your report, which I have forwarded to the beta administrator for TechTool Pro.
Attachments:
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 21 May 2016 11:30 by micromattech3.

TTP "Sparkle"-updating-c​omponent does not reflect updates in "System Info; Software; Installations" 21 May 2016 14:57 #7229

The beta administrator for TechTool Pro updated versions 8.0.1, 8.0.2, and 8.0.3 of TechTool Pro 8 on his Mac and he was not able to reproduce the missing version number. His report shows 8.0.4 in all three cases. In my case, downloading and running the TechTool Pro 8.0.4 installer does not solve the problem, which suggests that Sparkle is not the cause.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TTP "Sparkle"-updating-c​omponent does not reflect updates in "System Info; Software; Installations" 21 May 2016 15:03 #7230

As I tried to tell you, earlier today, not only is the version missing, but the entire entry is missing .
I HAVE a screen-shot of the phenomena, but, somehow, it will not upload, to your site .
Attachments:

TTP "Sparkle"-updating-c​omponent does not reflect updates in "System Info; Software; Installations" 21 May 2016 15:08 #7231

Thank you for the screen capture and the clarification, which I have sent to the beta administrator for TechTool Pro.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 21 May 2016 15:13 by micromattech3.
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds