Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Volume Rebuild > Rebuilding Directory Structure taking three times longer than 8.0.3

Volume Rebuild > Rebuilding Directory Structure taking three times longer than 8.0.3 17 May 2016 03:29 #7211

Help! Anyone else?

Volume Rebuild > Rebuilding Directory Structure taking three times longer than 8.0.3

Thanks

Alex
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Volume Rebuild > Rebuilding Directory Structure taking three times longer than 8.0.3 17 May 2016 10:29 #7214

The only way to make a valid comparison between the amount of time that TechTool Pro 8.0.3 and 8.0.4 take to rebuild a disk directory would be to have the two programs work on bit-for-bit identical copies of the same volume, while running from the same boot volume, with the same other processes running.You would have to know how much memory was available for TechTool Pro in each case, and how much swapfile memory was in use, because use of a lot of virtual memory slows down everything.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 17 May 2016 10:55 by micromattech3.

Volume Rebuild > Rebuilding Directory Structure taking three times longer than 8.0.3 17 May 2016 15:28 #7215

Thank you for the reply. I assure you, while not scientific, my observations a valid. My boot volume used to take about 14 mins to complete. It now takes nearly 1 hour. This increase in time is reflected with my 7 other partitions and volumes.

Volume Rebuild > Rebuilding Directory Structure taking three times longer than 8.0.3 17 May 2016 15:50 #7216

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email. We may be able to determine from messages in the All Messages logs of the active boot volume that was in use whether there are any clues about why the volume rebuild is taking longer than it used to in your case. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Volume Rebuild > Rebuilding Directory Structure taking three times longer than 8.0.3 20 May 2016 09:11 #7221

Same here, I waited for 20 minutes and then stopped it. Usually it takes three minutes on the same disk.

Volume Rebuild > Rebuilding Directory Structure taking three times longer than 8.0.3 20 May 2016 10:19 #7222

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply by email, and may be asked to send in an Apple System Information report and some log files. Thank you.

I suggest that you change your screen name to something other than an email address, so you will not receive additional spam,
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: goer
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds