Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: eDrive staying mounted on my desktop

eDrive staying mounted on my desktop 19 Feb 2016 13:17 #7037

Hi Support.

I've had this problem of the eDrive continuing to stay mounted on my desktop Intermittently for sometime when using Yosemite with both TechTool Pro 7 and 8. I was hoping that it wasn't going to happen again when I clean installed El Capitan last September and recreated the eDrive on a Firewire external hard drive, with TechTool Pro 8, but is still continues to Intermittently stay mounted on my desktop and I manually check my desktop to see if it has unmounted, but when it hasn't, I have to unmount the eDrive with my Apples Disk Utility when it stays mounted. Can you help?

I'm using TechTool Pro 8.0.3, with El Capitan 10.11.3 on a MacMini 2014 with i7, 16GB RAM and a 1TB fusion drive.

Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

eDrive staying mounted on my desktop 19 Feb 2016 13:24 #7039

The eDrive is supposed to be automatically unmounted at the end of the boot process by the TechToolProDaemon background process, which should be running in Activity Monitor (located in /Applications/Utilities). Try repairing permissions and reinstalling TechTool Pro 8. Launch the reinstalled program, and allow it to install the TechTool Protection system preferences pane. If that does not work, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email, and may be asked to send in an Apple System Information Report. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ogawa

eDrive staying mounted on my desktop 22 Apr 2016 05:01 #7158

I had the similar problem. Now it solved with your last comment.

In my case, eDrive is always mounted when booted.
it seems triggered when I installed Clean My Drive 2.

El Capitan 10.11.4, iMac 27" 5K late 2015

eDrive staying mounted on my desktop 22 Apr 2016 10:31 #7160

Thanks for the update.

Until you install the TechTool Protection system preferences pane, the TechToolProDaemon is not running, so it cannot unmount the eDrive at the end of the boot process.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ogawa
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds