Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: How do I completely remove TechTool Pro 8?

How do I completely remove TechTool Pro 8? 11 Sep 2015 11:08 #6633

I'd like to completely remove TechTool Pro 8 from my Macbook Pro running Maverick 10.9.5
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How do I completely remove TechTool Pro 8? 11 Sep 2015 12:43 #6634

The TechTool Pro installer has a Customize button. Launch the installer, click the Customize button, and then use the checkboxes for removing the program.

The dialog box at the end may state that the program was installed, but that is just because we are using Apple's installer, and that is what it does at the end of its task.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

How do I completely remove TechTool Pro 8? 11 Sep 2015 23:21 #6635

Thank you for the reply. I made an eDrive for the case in need, and it is really a powerful tool.

How do I completely remove TechTool Pro 8? 11 Sep 2015 23:31 #6636

You are welcome, and thanks for the observation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

How do I completely remove TechTool Pro 8? 28 May 2016 20:15 #7265

Hello, I purchased TechTool Pro 8, and love the product, but I'm getting an error saying that the app is running from an external drive, even though I don't have e-drive or protogo on that particular drive. The app should be running from the main startup drive. I need to un-install then re-install, I am guessing, but I can't find the installer on the support page, and of course should not have to purchase it again, even though I'm logged into my account.
Help appreciated!
Attachments:

How do I completely remove TechTool Pro 8? 28 May 2016 20:20 #7266

When I try to use the volume rebuild tool on one of my external hard drives (“backup”) I am getting an error message (please see attachment). But this is impossible, because the application is installed on MBP, not on the “backup” ext drive. I suppose I should use the installer to un-install and re-install? But every time I try to download the installer, it says I have to purchase it again. Please help! Thank you
Attachments:

How do I completely remove TechTool Pro 8? 28 May 2016 20:55 #7267

Make sure you are logged in and using the Available Downloads at the bottom of the My Account page. I have not encountered any cases in which a customer was told that the download (which has your serial number next to it) would have to be repurchased. If you cannot get that to work, you will have to contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , and will receive a reply by email, probably on Tuesday, because Monday is a holiday.

To completely uninstall TechTool Pro, launch the installer, click the Customize button, and then put a check in the checkbox to remove the program. At the end of the process, a message appears stating that the program has been installed. The message is part of Apple's installer, and we cannot change it to say that the program has been removed. Before you uninstall the program, make sure you have your serial number, and take a screen capture of how the email alerts are set up in the TechTool Protection system preferences pane.

It is possible that simply restarting will solve the problem of the confusion about which copy of TechTool Pro is in use. I suggest you properly unmount the backup volume, and any other volumes on that drive, turn the drive off, restart, and then turn the drive on any let its volumes mount.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: codigi

How do I completely remove TechTool Pro 8? 28 May 2016 21:03 #7268

If you have a TechTool Pro 8 serial number, and it does not appear in Available Downloads at the bottom of the My Account page, use the Account Information button at the top of the page, and then register TechTool Pro 8 with your serial number. Then the program should appear in Available Downloads, after you reload the page.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

How do I completely remove TechTool Pro 8? 28 May 2016 21:15 #7269

If you launch the TechTool Pro 8 application, and then choose About TechTool Pro from the TechTool Pro 8 menu, you see your serial number.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

How do I completely remove TechTool Pro 8? 29 May 2016 00:38 #7270

Thank you for your swift and helpful response! Yes, I had already tried all of your suggestions, and also realized I had to be logged in to the installer available for download next to the serial number. So I did do a re-install, after all the rebooting and permissions repair, etc etc, but the TTP8 was still insisting that I was running the app from the EXTERNAL drive, very strange...so now I transferred all the data on that drive to another one (ca 3 TBs of data, it's taking awhile), and will wipe the drive in question and transfer the data back onto it.
The only thing I can think of that caused this strange behavior was that I might have aborted an "e-drive" installation onto that drive at some point, so although it wasn't showing that there was a mountable e-drive, perhaps a previous installation of an e-drive on that device was making the software think that the app was running on it, even though I did not boot from that drive anyway?

How do I completely remove TechTool Pro 8? 29 May 2016 01:01 #7271

You are welcome.

It is difficult to know why the copy of TechTool Pro on your usual startup volume reported that it was running from the backup volume. It is not uncommon for a clone of a startup volume to have open files on it when it mounts. We would probably have to look at log files and a list of what files are open to see what happened.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds