Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: What username/password is the eDrive OS looking for?

What username/password is the eDrive OS looking for? 30 Apr 2015 01:07 #6384

I am unable to use the eDrive on my system because I can't log in to its OS. When I boot from the eDrive, it comes up to the screen with the username/password prompt, though with a red background, instead of the usual charcoal color. I was surprised it gave me a password prompt, as booting from Apple's recovery partition doesn't do that.

I'm not sure what username/password the eDrive's OS is looking for. None of the accounts running on the main partition work, including the administrator's account. It won't accept a blank username & password.

Suggestions? Thanks.

FWIW: iMac Retina 5K, OS 10.10.3, TTP 8.0.1.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What username/password is the eDrive OS looking for? 30 Apr 2015 01:47 #6386

The username and password that is required is the one for the administrative account on the volume chosen as the OS X Source volume . I think it is helpful to have the system preferences configured for automatic login before the eDrive is created.

We have had a few problems in the past with user accounts not being properly copied to the eDrive, which have required investigation. If you cannot get the eDrive to work, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email tomorrow. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

What username/password is the eDrive OS looking for? 10 Sep 2015 20:53 #6629

I'm having the same problem, even after creating a new eDrive and setting the computer for auto-login. I'm running TT 8.02 and OS 10.10.5.

What username/password is the eDrive OS looking for? 10 Sep 2015 22:03 #6630

I am not sure whether you made the administrative user account log in automatically before you created the eDrive. If you did not, please try that approach. If that does not work, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

What username/password is the eDrive OS looking for? 10 Sep 2015 22:07 #6631

Yup, I recreated the e-Drive after I made the Admin change. I just sent an e-mail to your Help line, as suggested. Thank you.

What username/password is the eDrive OS looking for? 10 Sep 2015 22:12 #6632

Thanks for the clarification and your cooperation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

What username/password is the eDrive OS looking for? 19 Sep 2015 06:35 #6646

I am running 10.10.5 OS and am having the same scenario with TechTool Pro 8 ... I am unable to log into the OS for the eDrive with the admin account that I created the edrive with.

What username/password is the eDrive OS looking for? 19 Sep 2015 10:00 #6647

You may have one of the rare cases in which a user account is not being copied properly. I would appreciate it if you would send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply by email on Monday.

In the meantime, if you create a new administrative account, set up the new account to log in automatically, and then create a new eDrive while logged in with new new administrative account, the problem should be solved.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

What username/password is the eDrive OS looking for? 07 Mar 2016 05:04 #7068

I had the same issue tonight. The e-drive only had my standard user account, which I thought strange. So I've removed it, following your instructions. I'm now recreating it from within my admin account. Hopefully, once this is done, can I then remove the auto-login? I wouldn't want to leave the computer unlocked like that. Once the eDrive is operating as it should, can I also remove the auto login there (for the same security reason)?

What username/password is the eDrive OS looking for? 07 Mar 2016 11:24 #7069

Th eDrive should be created while you are logged in with an administrative account. If you have that account set up to log in automatically, that preference gets copied to the eDrive. Once you boot from the eDrive, you can remove the automatic log in if you wish.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds